2020/21 League Cup

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

If you were to pick out the worst draw possible for us, that would pretty much be it.

Yeah, it's not far away from it anyway. Worse for you than for us obviously as we had to get another Championship side, you didn't.

Of the 4 main seeds I wanted to avoid Kilmarnock probably so at least we did that. The other three were relatively even though I'd rather not face Lyndon Dykes. I'm assuming he'll be gone by then though.

To be fair I'd rather have got Morton than either Dunfermline or Ayr. You seem to be more or less in starting again mode like us, though you've got a bigger starting base.

In terms of 3 lower division sides, you want to avoid Falkirk and Thistle probably along with big spending Queen's Park ideally. And you probably want to avoid us just because it's another full time Championship side. So that part couldn't really have gone worse.

Jeez, youtube needs to make it clearer what I'm watching. I've spent the last 15 minutes watching something labelled "LIVE BETFRED CUP GROUP STAGE DRAW" with a running chat stream and just realised I was watching last year's draw.

You should really have been able to tell - in last year's draw one of the teams would have been called Heart of Midlothian, and in this year's draw there'd be a Heart of Seethelothian.

Am I right in thinking top seeds always play 2nd Seeds at home last game? If so hopefully we also get Stranraer away. Annan away would be decent so no doubt we’ll get Albion Rovers. 

They're almost always at home but it's not the last game. The schedule varies depending on TV picks.

Can they not balance out the groups s bit more so you don't get three teams from the same bloody league in one group.  You're playing these sides 3 times minimum already this season.so surely can't be beyond the powers that be to try and keep them apart a bit more.

Groups B-D in the teuchter section underline just how badly lopsided this regional format is right now, as you'd have to seriously underperform to not grab at least one of the best runners-up spots from them as a seeded club. The other should come from Group F so the rest of the teams should be counting on having to win their group to progress. 

Divisions below the top flight don't start until October 17 so Premiership clubs should have a major advantage. - famous last words......  

Betfred Cup group stage
MD1: Tuesday October 6
MD2: Saturday October 10
MD3: Tuesday October 13

MD4: Tuesday November 10
MD5: Saturday November 14

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

For the Premiership sides, what is the incentive to care about this Cup since it has no Europe qualification and is less important than the Scottish Cup?

Do some sides play all their backups here?

I think that's actually changing this year, top 4 and both cup winners get Europe from what I'd read. Scotland gained an extra European place and there's the new UEFA Conference League.