2020/21 League Cup

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Paton running around like a headless chicken lunging in two footed and missing silky Ali would've been a joy to behold.

Would've loved it.

He'll just have to do it to *checks notes* Tom Beadle and Will Turner instead.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Except most Pars fans knew at the time the squad was nowhere near good enough of course. And that it is entirely possible for a player to improve, especially if the player was young and thrown in against a player that was and probably still is a lot better than players currently playing in the top flight. And it's fucking St Johnstone we're talking about, not Bayern Munich. The same fans who keeping being peeved that their "superstars" are constantly overlooked for the national team on account of them being shite.

tumblr_ni625mSvKR1s97thho1_500.gif.b0016b51e88e0f85575f7fd219c7bdc3.gif

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, craigkillie said:
It's not worth having this argument with them. I think they've been away from the top flight for so long that they forget that the standard is actually a fair bit higher and that just because their guys are superstars against the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and Heart of Midlothian doesn't mean they will automatically be able to cut it at the top flight level. Look at what happened last time around when their squad of Division 1 superstars like Joe Cardle, Andy Kirk and Martin Hardie were totally shown up as soon as they were promoted.

Except most Pars fans knew at the time the squad was nowhere near good enough of course. And that it is entirely possible for a player to improve, especially if the player was young and thrown in against a player that was and probably still is a lot better than players currently playing in the top flight. And it's fucking St Johnstone we're talking about, not Bayern Munich. The same fans who keeping being peeved that their "superstars" are constantly overlooked for the national team on account of them being shite.

You seem a tad upset

16 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Dunfermline fans getting all excited because they’ve won a couple of games in a row. 
88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png

Don't forget they've got Aaron "Best RB in the league" Comrie in their ranks.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
Premier so OF obsessed they're actively refusing to televise a 3rd game despite paying for it, it seems.

I actually typed a post on Sunday wondering if they'd knock back 1 game... like they've done in Challenge Cup when OF exited... but didn't post it as I thought it sounded rather far-fetched.

They appear to have decided against bothering to show their 3rd game on Thursday 17th December - which was on cup schedule.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 24/05/2020 at 00:57, craigkillie said:

Shankland will score double figures in the Premiership next season and "Nisbet" will still be kicking about the Championship if that league even starts back up again.

From the guy that gave us this, he then gives us this. 

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's not worth having this argument with them. I think they've been away from the top flight for so long that they forget that the standard is actually a fair bit higher and that just because their guys are superstars against the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and Heart of Midlothian doesn't mean they will automatically be able to cut it at the top flight level. Look at what happened last time around when their squad of Division 1 superstars like Joe Cardle, Andy Kirk and Martin Hardie were totally shown up as soon as they were promoted.

Cute. Probably best you just stop casting judgement on other players really, or if you're charitable carry on and give everyone else a laugh. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've made this comparison about 8 times now, despite Rooney being our 4th choice CB, and 3rd choice RWB, and being signed entirely for his physical attributes.

Comrie was nowhere near good enough for the top flight. One, apparently, decent season against second rate wingers, in the second tier, and the idea he's better than someone who can't get in our team, is hardly something that's going to convince anyone he's suddenly a star and we made a huge mistake releasing him. 

I doubt he's suddenly grown, or gained a yard of pace, so I'd suggest he'll still get eaten alive every time he faces an opponent with an ounce of ability.

I've made the comparison about 8 times because Comrie has been mentioned about 8 times, not fussed about what choice he is(although he seems to have gotten a fair bit of game time recently for someone so low) he's still starting for a Premier league side, and as little as 2 years ago he was considered a joke for how shockingly poor he was at defending. 

It is hilarious though that someone who wants to vaunt about his knowledge of players and what makes them good thinks that if you can't grow or get faster then there's no improvement to be made anymore. 

I can only imagine Shankland and Nisbet grew 12 inches and gained 8 yards of pace one they left their respective premier league sides, that Stevie May must've always been a premier league standard striker aswell,etc, etc . With your logic you wouldn't ever sign any players from lower down the leagues. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would've loved it.

He'll just have to do it to *checks notes* Tom Beadle and Will Turner instead.

😂 There's not a fucking chance you can have the fucking audacity to use the "checks notes" patter when you're spending the amount of money you are, to "scout" players, bit of self awareness here mods. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't forget they've got Aaron "Best RB in the league" Comrie in their ranks.

Kevin Nisbet was stinking the place out for Dumbarton in 2018.

He's done alright. 

Edited by Grant228

The state of this discussion! If we both play well Saints should win. If not, we could lose. Either way Aaron Comrie might have a great game or might not. Don’t get all the grief towards Dunfermline - it’s near Dundee levels. Would’ve been a great away night. I was there when Martin Hardie beat Raith in the promotion game. Great atmosphere, if a little toxic 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen that Dunfermlines fans post above just there.

Comrie didn't even manage the 90 minutes, while Rooney rampages up the park for 120 minutes and scores our goal.

Physicality isnt important though, obviously.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen that Dunfermlines fans post above just there.

Comrie didn't even manage the 90 minutes, while Rooney rampages up the park for 120 minutes and scores our goal.

Physicality isnt important though, obviously.

Yes,  because a player returning from injury is expected to playing 210 minutes in the space of a few days.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Yes,  because a player returning from injury is expected to playing 210 minutes in the space of a few days.

Jason Kerr did.

10 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

For the semi finals is it one Premier Sports and one BBC again or is it just Premier again? Anyone know?

Can’t seem to find anything confirming. 

Again? It was BT sport that covered the league cup up till this season. 

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Again? It was BT sport that covered the league cup up till this season. 

Last season the Hearts v Rangers semi final was on BBC.

If Premier have replaced BT I would have no idea because I would have attended all our games last season and probably not make any effort to watch any others before the semi final tbf.

It was on BT Sport.

Last season the Hearts v Rangers semi final was on BBC.
If Premier have replaced BT I would have no idea because I would have attended all our games last season and probably not make any effort to watch any others before the semi final tbf.