2020/21 League Cup

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nah Saints will beat Hibs.

Although a Livi v Hibs final would have a prophetic vibe to it, the stars becoming aligned for us to repeat our 2004 cup final success.

I dunno, after the events of the past year or so, there's a definite appeal about a St Mirren - Hibs final, too; not least because of the Ross factor, the links with Ross and Goodwin that go back to Alloa, the fact their squad is basically a St Mirren Old Boys Club... it'd be a great occasion if fans were allowed in.

That's not me counting my chickens, btw - you're clearly on a better trajectory now Holt's gone.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I dunno, after the events of the past year or so, there's a definite appeal about a St Mirren - Hibs final, too; not least because of the Ross factor, the links with Ross and Goodwin that go back to Alloa, the fact their squad is basically a St Mirren Old Boys Club... it'd be a great occasion if fans were allowed in.

That's not me counting my chickens, btw - you're clearly on a better trajectory now Holt's gone.

Yep Hibs v St Mirren is the biggest box office draw left now both erse cheeks are gone, and will be the one the pundits/tv company will want, for pure banter in spoiling it for them though St Johnstone v Livi would be a laugh. No c**t outside of our 2 clubs will want that.🤣

Well maybe apart from our diddy alliance bros the Accies fans.💪

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep Hibs v St Mirren is the biggest box office draw left now both erse cheeks are gone, and will be the one the pundits/tv company will want, for pure banter in spoiling it for them though St Johnstone v Livi would be a laugh. No c**t outside of our 2 clubs will want that.🤣

Yup. As people have said, its wide open and whoever gets there will definitely have deserved it.

Obviously I feel that in putting out Dons and Rangers, we've had by some distance the toughest run of any of the semi-finalists, but that means nothing now.

I'm just quite excited, and also absolutely gutted nobody will be there.

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yup. As people have said, its wide open and whoever gets there will definitely have deserved it.

Obviously I feel that in putting out Dons and Rangers, we've had by some distance the toughest run of any of the semi-finalists, but that means nothing now.

I'm just quite excited, and also absolutely gutted nobody will be there.

Aye Hibs put out Celtic and Rangers on their road to playing us in the final in 2004, and everyone had them as certainties to beat us. And to be fair to them i doubt Livi would've reached the final had we played both erse cheeks. Same goes for County and St Mirren this time, doing everyone a favour knocking out the two biggest teams. We've had a really favourable route to the Semi's, esp getting 2 home games since winning the group stages, which in my mind makes me think we're destined to win it. It would just top off an incredible 4 seasons for us, leaving the Scottish cup and finishing top 5 again for another European adventure left to go. No wanting much am i?😂

Yeah why not. Sure we could join a wee rendition of sunshine on leith before the game [emoji2371]

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's basically, St Mirren 2018 v St Mirren 2021.

Or to put it another way, Hibs 2021 v Hibs 2024

On 16/12/2020 at 23:20, LiviLion said:

LIVINGSTONE
                     vs
                      saints mirren

Add in an Aberdeen badge in the background and there's your promo.

Or 

The team who beat the team who beat CELTIC

Vs

The team who beat RANGERS

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs feel similar to Aberdeen 13/14, tbh, so them being Livingston in the Final on penalties feels about right.

I've still never watched that fucking game back, and I never will.