2020/21 League Cup

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

from watching the pars a couple times this season, they like to press forward which should give us opportunity to expose.

We do? Having watched every game of ours this season we're a team that's more concerned with making sure that things are tight and our defence is set up right, we then let our attacking threat show through in the game. 

Hopefully the idea of spending the build up talking about Celtic influences Premier to choose the County game. 
Refuse to buy off them and can't be arsed with a stream. I guess Dunfermline do PPV?
We do but when we played Falkirk and Premier showed the game, they didn't let us sell streams on a PPV basis sadly.

11 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It’ll be a sorry state of affairs if we manage to get papped out the cup by Aaron Comrie, Steven Whittaker, Ryan Dow and whatever other lower league jobbers play for Dunfermline.

Comrie, despite the gloomy predictions from Saints fans, turned out to be a terrific signing. Picked up an injury recently but has been looking like someone we may be able to sell on  for a decent bit of cash. And Ryan Dow is the best player outside the top flight. 

43 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We do but when we played Falkirk and Premier showed the game, they didn't let us sell streams on a PPV basis sadly.

Yeah I know clubs can't sell PPV when the games on TV, I'm just hoping its not on TV and your PPV is decent.

34 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Comrie, despite the gloomy predictions from Saints fans, turned out to be a terrific signing. Picked up an injury recently but has been looking like someone we may be able to sell on  for a decent bit of cash. And Ryan Dow is the best player outside the top flight. 

871152748_LARGEPHOTOS_magicmushrooms.jpg.1d0d706a64887581b06f8213f730d09c.jpg

4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

It’s not hard to look good playing in the seaside leagues buster.

25 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It’s not hard to look good playing in the seaside leagues buster.

We haven't played in League 1 in years. Falkirk, however...

Saints seem confident of an easy win it appears. That suits us perfectly. Aaron Comrie has been a standout for us but has been injured the past few weeks. Would be harsh to drop Mayo but it is Comrie: the best right-back in the league. 

Shame it couldn't be played on a Thursday. I have one day of annual leave left; I could have used it for the Friday and got absolutely pished like I have been doing on my Saturdays these days. 

Good players who suffered a complete crisis of confidence. I am delighted to see him doing so well at the Pars.

A change of scenary can do a player the world of good, in Comrie instance dropping down a level and just getting some senior game time under his belt has really improved him, there's no wingers anywhere near the level of Jones down here obviously so it's just given him time to build up his game without coming up against someone who can turn it on like that. 

Will be good to see how he does against St Johnstone, does MoH play often? And does he play on the left? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Will be good to see how he does against St Johnstone, does MoH play often? And does he play on the left? 

Not under Davidson.

Its either Wotherspoon on the left of a front three, or a combination of Wotherspoon/May if we play 2 up top and a "10". 

MOH naturally gravitates to the right, where he can just pap the ball 20 yards in front of him and chase it.

Comrie, for us, fell over (literally) anytime he came up against a winger who could either do a step over, or go either side of him. Had zero idea how to cope with it.

MOH if he plays is usually on the right or just off the main striker. Wotherspoon should be able to tie the bold Aaron in knots though.

I think it'll depend on how Dunfermline usually set themselves up as to what personnel they'll face. For example when we play 352, 442 or 343 it's usually totally different players to suit the system.

Tbh whether its Spoony, Conway, MOH, Hendry, Melamed or May, f**k it even Chris Kane, Comrie will have his work cut out.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Comrie, for us, fell over (literally) anytime he came up against a winger who could either do a step over, or go either side of him. Had zero idea how to cope with it.

And yet he was a better full back than Shaun Rooney last season, crazy. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

And yet he was a better full back than Shaun Rooney last season, crazy. 

You've made this comparison about 8 times now, despite Rooney being our 4th choice CB, and 3rd choice RWB, and being signed entirely for his physical attributes.

Comrie was nowhere near good enough for the top flight. One, apparently, decent season against second rate wingers, in the second tier, and the idea he's better than someone who can't get in our team, is hardly something that's going to convince anyone he's suddenly a star and we made a huge mistake releasing him. 

I doubt he's suddenly grown, or gained a yard of pace, so I'd suggest he'll still get eaten alive every time he faces an opponent with an ounce of ability.

It's not worth having this argument with them. I think they've been away from the top flight for so long that they forget that the standard is actually a fair bit higher and that just because their guys are superstars against the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and Heart of Midlothian doesn't mean they will automatically be able to cut it at the top flight level. Look at what happened last time around when their squad of Division 1 superstars like Joe Cardle, Andy Kirk and Martin Hardie were totally shown up as soon as they were promoted.

13 hours ago, tree house tam said:

MOH if he plays is usually on the right or just off the main striker. Wotherspoon should be able to tie the bold Aaron in knots though.

I think it'll depend on how Dunfermline usually set themselves up as to what personnel they'll face. For example when we play 352, 442 or 343 it's usually totally different players to suit the system.

Tbh whether its Spoony, Conway, MOH, Hendry, Melamed or May, f**k it even Chris Kane, Comrie will have his work cut out.

Just a shame Paul Paton still isn't with them.

Ali McCann v Paton 😂

It's not worth having this argument with them. I think they've been away from the top flight for so long that they forget that the standard is actually a fair bit higher and that just because their guys are superstars against the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and Heart of Midlothian doesn't mean they will automatically be able to cut it at the top flight level. Look at what happened last time around when their squad of Division 1 superstars like Joe Cardle, Andy Kirk and Martin Hardie were totally shown up as soon as they were promoted.
Except most Pars fans knew at the time the squad was nowhere near good enough of course. And that it is entirely possible for a player to improve, especially if the player was young and thrown in against a player that was and probably still is a lot better than players currently playing in the top flight. And it's fucking St Johnstone we're talking about, not Bayern Munich. The same fans who keeping being peeved that their "superstars" are constantly overlooked for the national team on account of them being shite.