2020/21 League Cup

Prize money up 17% in total allegedly, clubs able to stream 1st round matches.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5994485/betfred-cup-prize-fund-up-pay-per-view/
It mentions that games can't be shown live on pay-per-view if they are on Premier, but will that include games that were to be included for season ticket holders? I know Dunfermline said that season ticket holders would get in to the BetFred Cup group stage games if there were crowds allowed but would be able to stream them instead. I don't really want to go through the hassle of sorting out a Premier Sports sub just to watch the Falkirk game. How does it work in the Premiership?

It mentions that games can't be shown live on pay-per-view if they are on Premier, but will that include games that were to be included for season ticket holders? I know Dunfermline said that season ticket holders would get in to the BetFred Cup group stage games if there were crowds allowed but would be able to stream them instead. I don't really want to go through the hassle of sorting out a Premier Sports sub just to watch the Falkirk game. How does it work in the Premiership?

In the Premiership your virtual season ticket is still valid for games live on Sky, but clubs can't sell PPV. That's part of an agreement with Sky, no idea if there will be a similar one with Premier.

• 1 month later...
On 03/09/2020 at 20:12, craigkillie said:

In the Premiership your virtual season ticket is still valid for games live on Sky, but clubs can't sell PPV. That's part of an agreement with Sky, no idea if there will be a similar one with Premier.

I'd be surprised if there was, because the majority of clubs don't include cup games with season tickets. 

Negotiating a Sky-style deal for the relatively few exceptions probably wasn't worth it. 

11 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

How many 3-0 wins need to be awarded before it starts to affect the seedings/which 2nd placed teams qualify?

Imagine a team going into the final fixtures knowing a 4-0 win gets them through but they end up with a default 3-0 instead. 

Edit: although if that does happen please let it be to Hearts. 

Edited by The Master

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The draw for the last 16 takes place tomorrow after the Hibs v Dundee game.  As far as I can work out:-

seeded teams

Aberdeen

Celtic

Motherwell

Rangers

Hearts

Dunfermline

Livingston

Winner of Dundee v Hibs, or Ross County If it's a draw and Hibs win on penalties

Unseeded teams

St Johnstone

Ayr United

St Mirren

Falkirk

Arbroath

3 from:- Alloa/ Hibs/Dundee/ Ross County.  Alloa will only qualify if Hibs lose in 90 minutes, or If Dundee lose by more than 4 in 90 minutes.

The seedings will be:

Seeded:

1. Celtic
  2. Rangers
  3. Motherwell
  4. Aberdeen
  5. Hearts
  6. Dunfermline
  7. Livingston
  8. One of Dundee/Hibernian/Ross County

Unseeded:

1. One of Dundee/Hibernian/Ross County
  2. One of Dundee/Hibernian/Ross County
  3. Arbroath
  4. Falkirk
  5. Ayr United
  6. St Mirren
  7. St Johnstone
  8. Alloa Athletic

The final Seed will be decided by the follow result tomorrow:

• Dundee: Win or Draw + win the bonus point.
  • Hibernian: Win.
  • Ross County: Draw + Hibernian win the bonus point.

• 2 weeks later...

A varied quarter-final draw shaping up.  So far, St Johnstone are the only established top tier team to make it through, where they'll be joined by yo yo clubs St Mirren, Livingston and Hibs with championship heroes Alloa and Dunfermline making up the six teams through.

It would be great if Falkirk and Ross County could get through tomorrow, though seems very unlikely. If not, a rangers v céltic quarter-final would be in everyone's best interests.

Quarter Final line up

Alloa Athletic

Dunfermline Athletic

Hibernian

Livingston

St Johnstone

st mirren

Celtic or Ross County

Falkirk or Rangers

Ties to be played the week of Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th, Thursday17th December.

The seedings will be:

Seeded:

1. Celtic
  2. Rangers
  3. Motherwell
  4. Aberdeen
  5. Hearts
  6. Dunfermline
  7. Livingston
  8. One of Dundee/Hibernian/Ross County

Unseeded:

1. One of Dundee/Hibernian/Ross County
  2. One of Dundee/Hibernian/Ross County
  3. Arbroath
  4. Falkirk
  5. Ayr United
  6. St Mirren
  7. St Johnstone
  8. Alloa Athletic

The final Seed will be decided by the follow result tomorrow:
  • Dundee: Win or Draw + win the bonus point.
  • Hibernian: Win.
  • Ross County: Draw + Hibernian win the bonus point.
Seeding going well I see [emoji38]

A varied quarter-final draw shaping up.  So far, St Johnstone are the only established top tier team to make it through, where they'll be joined by yo yo clubs St Mirren, Livingston and Hibs with championship heroes Alloa and Dunfermline making up the six teams through.
It would be great if Falkirk and Ross County could get through tomorrow, though seems very unlikely. If not, a rangers v céltic quarter-final would be in everyone's best interests.
Quarter Final line up
Alloa Athletic
Dunfermline Athletic
Hibernian
Livingston
St Johnstone
st mirren
Celtic or Ross County
Falkirk or Rangers

Ties to be played the week of Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th, Thursday17th December.
Yo yo clubs that have actually won the competition [emoji57].

This could be the Saintees year though (well 2021). Seems that it is starting to click for Davidson. Definitely don't want to draw StJohnstone, got a feeling we will though.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yo yo clubs that have actually won the competition emoji57.png.

This could be the Saintees year though (well 2021). Seems that it is starting to click for Davidson. Definitely don't want to draw StJohnstone, got a feeling we will though.

I'll be honest, just avoiding either half of the OF is all that matters to me after the number of times we've drawn Celtic in the cups the past few years.  That's why though there's much easier ties than an away trip to Motherwell in the last round, it was bearable.  

Ideally Falkirk or County make us all delighted with a shock today, but it's probably more likely to be a case of hoping the OF draw each other in the quarters; they must be due a meeting at an earlier stage as its been a while. 

Think we'd all be hoping for Dunfermline or Alloa at home, but then when you think about it, if they're not going to draw each other,  would you rather play Celtic/ rangers in December at home behind closed doors, or at Hampden in January or February with the possibility of some supporters back?

The potential of a cup win is looking extremely plausible for a diddy side this season. Regardless of the Celtic v Ross County result, I expect that everyone has the right to feel positive about their chances of reaching Hampden and I expect most would feel satisfied as long as they avoid Rangers in the draw.

The potential of a cup win is looking extremely plausible for a diddy side this season. Regardless of the Celtic v Ross County result, I expect that everyone has the right to feel positive about their chances of reaching Hampden and I expect most would feel satisfied as long as they avoid Rangers in the draw.

Rangers name on the trophy IMO. They look unstoppable just now. If Falkirk manage to win today it would be a very exciting free for all.