Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Karpaty Lviv

25 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Big respect to the people that downloaded this and immediately flew into the Pentagon or Epstein's island.

Not to mention the lads who flew Malaysian airlines flight 370 off the sea bed.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:
17 hours ago, Johnstoun said:
I've got a Radeon R9 390 and it runs on mine, despite the system checker telling me it won't. The game recommended high settings too!

Bet the landscapes look like The Sentinel

I guess the draw distance isn't great but it looks not bad.

image.jpg

This is on Xbox games pass for PC. It seems a bit too good to be true that I can play it, and to be fair quite a few other decent games including FM20,  for £3.99 a month as opposed to spending 60 notes on it. Anyone use this to play it?

Edited by placidcasual

22 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

This is on Xbox games pass for PC. It seems a bit too good to be true that I can play it, and to be fair quite a few other decent games including FM20,  for £3.99 a month as opposed to spending 60 notes on it. Anyone use this to play it?

That's how I play it, but I'd expect the subscription to become something more like £10.99 a month soonish, but that's probably still a very good deal.

4 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Turns out I already pay for this! Might give it a bash

Had a go at downloading this and simply didn't have the processor speed to play it - I've an i7 @ 2.80GHz.

Looks fantastic though. Really want to just tour about the world and see it. I'd be surprised if an Xbox One has the ability to play it.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

In a nutshell - even the current high end graphics cards and processors wont run at decent frame rates at the highest quality settings/resolutions.

However, knock down the quality and it runs perfectly well on even reasonably modest hardware.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Had a go at downloading this and simply didn't have the processor speed to play it - I've an i7 @ 2.80GHz.

Looks fantastic though. Really want to just tour about the world and see it. I'd be surprised if an Xbox One has the ability to play it.

Have a read through that article. It has some decent looking tips for tweaking the settings

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Have a read through that article. It has some decent looking tips for tweaking the settings

Thanks. I had changed the GRQ to Low and it was nowhere near so I just uninstalled the b*****d. If I can be fucked re-installing I'll take a look.

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Thanks. I had changed the GRQ to Low and it was nowhere near so I just uninstalled the b*****d. If I can be fucked re-installing I'll take a look.

Not a good omen for me :( I also have an i7 and its only marginally faster. According to that article, CPU speed is the main bottleneck.