Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Karpaty Lviv

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Forgot I saw this article a while ago.

Explains a lot of the terminology used in the hardware  testing article

https://www.pcgamer.com/pc-graphics-options-explained/2/

18 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yeah. More concerned that my 20 year old flightstick wont work :lol:

Which it didnt, well at least not without manually configuring it.

I played a little bit this morning, it runs surprising well on my fairly average rig.

First impressions, the geography is pretty much spot on, roads, rivers, terrains etc. I flew along the A75 and recognised the turns in the road, bits where it goes through trees etc. The towns, though, are pish. Theres buildings in the right places but they're generic models and mostly completely different to reality. South west Scotland is suddenly littered with high rise buildings in the middle of nowhere. Didnt really recognise anything in Dumfries, although it was obvious where certain areas were. Theres no recognisable landmarks, churches etc and no sign of Palmerston

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Haven't done too much exploring yet but pretty impressed at how the few places I've visited look on the lesser console ( series s) even if as said above some of the buildings are pretty generic.

Been impressed with it. Done what everybody else has and headed over my house as soon as I got it. Ended up fucking it up and crashing into the field where i used to run about as a kid. Totally surreal. 

From height the mapping is fantastic. As realistic as you'll see on any simulation.