Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Karpaty Lviv

Due out August 18th and it looks fucking amazing. Since lockdown, I’ve taken a keen interest in aviation and specifically, flying a passenger aircraft. I’ve never played a flight sim before as I’ve never had a PC good enough to run it, so the fact that this is coming out for Xbox is fantastic news. It will take 150gb of space though, but you’ll see why. 

I don’t know the first thing about flying a plane but according to the video below, you’ll be able to have all the pre flight settings already set up for you so you can just take off and land. It also has an in depth tutorial to get you started. Every single airport in the world is included and it will also have real time weather. The video below explains it a lot better. 

Absolutely cannot wait for this.

I used to work with a guy who was massively into flight sims. He had something like 6 or 7 monitors rigged up in front and either side, proper flight stick, the works.

He used to do full flights, trans-atlantic and other long haul stuff. Real-time, no sims or auto-pilot!

I had one of the older versions that allowed you to pilot a Concorde. Far too complicated for my pea brain.

Spent most of my time on it trying to fly various planes underneath the Forth bridges.

34 minutes ago, David W said:

I used to love Microsoft Flight Simulator back in the old days, also had Combat Flight Simulator. This will probably be the closest I get to buying an XBox.

I don’t think it’ll be out for Xbox One sadly. It’s not in the store to pre order.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

I used to work with a guy who was massively into flight sims. He had something like 6 or 7 monitors rigged up in front and either side, proper flight stick, the works.

He used to do full flights, trans-atlantic and other long haul stuff. Real-time, no sims or auto-pilot!

Colin Hunt from Fast Show sketch comes to mind.

18 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Colin Hunt from Fast Show sketch comes to mind.

No, not really. He was one of the nicest guys Ive ever worked with. He was very intelligent and liked things to be done right, to the point where he'd often just do it himself. I heard he built his own drone. And I dont mean bought a kit drone and put it together, I mean bought all the individual components and designed and built it from scratch - including the gyroscope and software to manage it!

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, not really. He was one of the nicest guys Ive ever worked with. He was very intelligent and liked things to be done right, to the point where he'd often just do it himself. I heard he built his own drone. And I dont mean bought a kit drone and put it together, I mean bought all the individual components and designed and built it from scratch - including the gyroscope and software to manage it!

If you don't know the sketch I mean, he did a 'full flight' flight for his girlfriend.

5 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

If you don't know the sketch I mean, he did a 'full flight' flight for his girlfriend.

Ah, no that didnt twig! I thought you just meant weird :lol:

I can also confirm that there is no way his wife would have sat through a full flight with him!

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 22:26, Scott-Replay said:

I have a 250 gb SSD but am fully prepared to shift everything else off of it, in order to download this.

Here’s hoping my PC (i5 6600k and 1070) doesn’t melt. Medium settings will do me fine.

What sort of computer would you need to run it (if buying)? I’ve no idea about PC’s and games. I bought my laptop that was apparently a “gaming laptop” and it can barely load up Football Manager on the lowest database. 

7 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

What sort of computer would you need to run it (if buying)? I’ve no idea about PC’s and games. I bought my laptop that was apparently a “gaming laptop” and it can barely load up Football Manager on the lowest database. 

Min specs are here

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/microsoft-flight-simulator/19451

That site is also really handy for checking your PC to see if it can run a particular game

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Min specs are here

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/microsoft-flight-simulator/19451

That site is also really handy for checking your PC to see if it can run a particular game

Untitled.png.3d1262e6718cfc9df4d14cf91fec53cb.png

Not for me then :lol: 

Edited by Miguel Sanchez