Most cretinous social media platforms

DA Baracus

• 5 weeks later...

Out of all of them Facebook has actually been brilliant for me. I started Open Water swimming by joining a Facebook group for that and likewise hillwalking when I joined a women’s walking group. Met lots of nice people and have been to new locations I couldn’t have gone to otherwise. It’s also good for keeping g in touch with my friend in Munich.

Twitter is good for laughing at people like Trump although of course the flip side is that the like of Trump have a free platform to spout shite that needs laughing at.

Instagram is good for seeing decent photographs and for finding new things to see/do, I.e I might see someone abroad and decide that it’s somewhere I’d like to visit.  

TikTok/Snapchat etc are for children, so no idea about them. 

Most of these platforms are as good/bad as you make them. Take what you like from them and block/ignore shite like politics or kittens that you aren’t interested in.

Edited by Jambomo

1. TikTok (probably)
2. Instagram (probably)
3. Snapchat
4. Facebook
5. Twitter

I say probably with the first two because I don't have them or never had but the little snippets I see people sharing and the like are enough to make me want to stab them with a rusty knife.

A colleague, a couple of years older than me, spent the summer trying to show me these things he'd made on TikTok. I used to respect that guy - they weren't even NSFW FFS.

• 2 weeks later...