What do you still own?

Homer Thompson

6 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I highly doubt mine still works, its been in my garage for at least 4 years. I just don't want to get rid of my first computer!

Disgraceful way to treat your first love.

Although, I trod on mine and killed it. Then, after six years, it healed. Then the keyboard died a few years later, and I pretty much killed it for good trying to fix it, so it received a respectful burial in the bin.

Still the greatest computer ever made by Man.

Spoiler

300px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

• 1 year later...

I did a u-turn since last posting on this thread and have been collecting all the old machines I had before.

I now have

C16
C64
Amiga
Dreamcast
PS One
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
PS4
Switch

I just need an N64 to complete my "used to own" collection before moving on to buying other consoles.

I've also started collecting other game/movie/tv related merch/tatt, including the Fallout 4 pipboy special edition that arrived yesterday :) 

8 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

I did a u-turn since last posting on this thread and have been collecting all the old machines I had before.

I now have

C16
C64
Amiga
Dreamcast
PS One
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
PS4
Switch

I just need an N64 to complete my "used to own" collection before moving on to buying other consoles.

I've also started collecting other game/movie/tv related merch/tatt, including the Fallout 4 pipboy special edition that arrived yesterday :) 

Impressive wee collection there mate.

Was the Gamecube decent?  Don't think I've ever played one.

• 1 month later...

Currently have a PS4 and a Gaming Laptop (no space for a desktop at the moment)

Also have a PS2 slim a friend gave me, great for playing the classic PS2 Era Pro Evo on.

Still have my Nintendo DS Lite I traded my old DS in for way back in 2007. Charged up after around 6 years of inactivity as if it was new. It's a great wee handheld, Advance Wars dual strike is still one of the most satisfying turn-based strategies I've ever played.

I now have
C16
C64
Amiga
Dreamcast
PS One
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
PS4
Switch

I've also started collecting other game/movie/tv related merch/tatt, including the Fallout 4 pipboy special edition that arrived yesterday [emoji4] 
Still waiting on an N64 at the right price but I've moved onto consoles I never owned and added a mega drive II to the collection.

I also have a couple of early Madden games coming as I start collecting some old game series too :)

Still have my Sinclair Spectrum 48K in the loft. It has a curved dent in the keyboard overlay between the N & M keys where I used to roll a golfball to set sprint world records in Daley Thomson's Decathlon! 😄

I would love to try and get it going again but I would have to find cabling & a cassette deck from somewhere.

I also have an Amiga 500 with a hard drive fitted and a few games on floppy disk. Managed to start it up recently but couldn't do anything with it as the mouse wouldn't work. I was worth it though just to hear that sound from the hard disk.

Also have the full range of consoles from PS1 to PS4, XBox to XBox One, and a Wii with one of those Wii fit boards. Just wish I could get my hands on a Series X though!

I still have my old SNES kicking around somewhere. Is it easy enough to get an adapter or cable that will connect it to a modern telly?
Shouldn't be too difficult. If it's the old ariel connection then most tvs still have those. Some still have component/rgb too.

If it's scart you can get a converter to hdmi. You can also get adapters for rgb if you're tv doesn't have connections.

The only thing I haven't been able to find is a converter from ariel to hdmi.