Hibernian FC v Kilmarnock FC

Scottish football is box office.

The last 4 months of embarrassment after embarrassment from hearts and their board/fans has been utterly joyous. 

Genuinely the most entertaining months since your big cousins died back in 2012. Thanks Ann and Tom English 

FTFY

And I actually agree that the way Budge and others have went about everything has been embarrassing.

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Any reason why Hibs are not doing a PPV game this weekend?
Plus would any killie fan pay the dosh if it was available?

Very annoying after a 5 month wait to see a Scottish premiership game. 

Hibs have that experience of waiting 3 years to see one so I'm sure they dont see what the issue is. 

From what I can see a childs season tickets will get you a stream. Cheapest one I think is £50. That's obviously ridiculously expensive for one game, but it should be good for any other Hibs games you're interested in.

I think this is genuinely shite for Kilmarnock (and non ST holding Hibs!) fans fwiw. That's the only workaround I can see for it.

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

From what I can see a childs season tickets will get you a stream. Cheapest one I think is £50. That's obviously ridiculously expensive for one game, but it should be good for any other Hibs games you're interested in.

I think this is genuinely shite for Kilmarnock (and non ST holding Hibs!) fans fwiw. That's the only workaround I can see for it.

It won't, SPFL rules clearly only allow VSTs for Over 16s only.

Both hibs and Killie are represented on the SFAs emergency committee to oversee “Broadcasting and Innovation”, chaired by Doncaster. 

So you know where to ask questions.

You could also maybe ask why the League of Ireland is managing to produce a cheap streaming service to all fans (and their league is sponsored by a Scottish business!)

We are taking our medicine in the Championship now so it’s your game.

Looks like you boys are all over it 😂

Both hibs and Killie are represented on the SFAs emergency committee to oversee “Broadcasting and Innovation”, chaired by Doncaster. 

So you know where to ask questions.
You could also maybe ask why the League of Ireland is managing to produce a cheap streaming service to all fans (and their league is sponsored by a Scottish business!)
We are taking our medicine in the Championship now so it’s your game.
Looks like you boys are all over it [emoji23]

I'm going to take a guess that it's because the League of Ireland:

a) doesn't have a £30m+ per year exclusive TV deal
b) costs a lot less to sponsor
c) is shite

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm going to take a guess that it's because the League of Ireland:

a) doesn't have a £30m+ per year exclusive TV deal
b) costs a lot less to sponsor
c) is shite

A) looks like it

b) still a sponsor though 

c) irrelevant- they came together to ensure fans can watch games. That’s the issue here. 

18 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

A) looks like it

b) still a sponsor though 

c) irrelevant- they came together to ensure fans can watch games. That’s the issue here. 

I don't mind clubs making their own price list up but to choose not to have one is crazy.
You will always get fans using illegal streams,even if a club got a 1000 viewers at £12 a pop that can pay a couple of players wages.

7 minutes ago, Rbarr20 said:

Is there any pubs in Edinburgh showing the game on Saturday. I'm through for work and hoping to catch the game. I'll leave my Kilmarnock shirt at home if need be. 

Maybe worth trying the Harp & Castle or Robbies Bar if you can get a seat.

R10rdans Sports Bar (yes, it’s what you think it is) might be a shout aswell, not sure how likely you’ll be to be able to get in/get a seat mind you.

I would avoid your Killie colours though

Hibs have pushed the line about needing a season ticket to see every game pretty hard all summer. I suspect folk will keep buying them up until Saturday and we’ll end up with a very impressive total for the circumstances.

If they had opened this game up to everyone, I don’t think anyone would have minded. It’s still more money for the club and more fans getting to see the game. Ultimately though, the strategy they’ve went with has been a success and few upset Killie fans isn’t the end of the world.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Maybe worth trying the Harp & Castle or Robbies Bar if you can get a seat.

R10rdans Sports Bar (yes, it’s what you think it is) might be a shout aswell, not sure how likely you’ll be to be able to get in/get a seat mind you.

I would avoid your Killie colours though

Is Riordan's Bar called that nowadays? It was still the 'Four in  Hand' last time I looked

Edited by Aim Here

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Is Riordan's Bar called that nowadays? It was still the 'Four in  Hand' last time I looked

Aye, its been that since pre lockdown (he was a bit unlucky with the proposed opening date !). But its deffo open now, temp check at door etc etc

@Rbarr20 sure you will be ok in all those pubs mentioned - regardless of what you wear.

I have no idea of the legality of boozers playing Hibs TV (even if its a ST holder login) in public, but lets be honest there were plenty playing away matches on IPTV pre lockdown.................

Ultimately though, the strategy they’ve went with has been a success and few upset Killie fans isn’t the end of the world.

the last but sounds a bit jambo like ....

hibs could have easily allowed Killie season ticket holders to view or buy and would not impact or drive hibs season ticket sales 

Edited by flood

On 16/07/2020 at 13:34, Bohemian said:

Why the f**k not... Get it going if anything to feel as if life is getting back to normal..

2-1 to the Hibs...  an absolute guess but 3 points would be nice

2 of Accies best players from last season may feature in this. 😥

Enjoy the game, as we prepare to receive the ritual live on telly flag day pumping.

14 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

2 of Accies best players from last season may feature in this. 😥

Enjoy the game, as we prepare to receive the ritual live on telly flag day pumping.

Will pish maself laughing if you sneak a point or something - I have missed Lennons meltdowns......

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Will pish maself laughing if you sneak a point or something - I have missed Lennons meltdowns......

Would be great but can't see it. Gogic is the biggest miss against them. He was great against the "big teams" because he annoys the f**k out of them.

He must have the lowest bookings to fouls committed ratio of any non-OF player. If we sneaked a point with him in the side you can guarantee Lennon would have gone nuts demanding more "protection" for his players.

21 hours ago, flood said:

Ultimately though, the strategy they’ve went with has been a success and few upset Killie fans isn’t the end of the world.

the last but sounds a bit jambo like ....

hibs could have easily allowed Killie season ticket holders to view or buy and would not impact or drive hibs season ticket sales 

Well the club don’t seem to think they can do it ‘easily’ or the PPV package which they say they’re going to bring in eventually would be available for this. 

It’s a shame for genuine home and away Killie fans who are missing out on a game they would’ve seen in normal circumstances. Nevertheless, I get Hibs worrying more about getting this right for 11k if their own customers than a few hundred Killie fans. I’ll bet there are still issues tomorrow.

For the majority of Killie fans who wouldn’t have gone to this anyway, it reminds me of the Louis CK bit about people complaining about flight WiFi not working. This wasn’t an option five minutes ago, get over it.