Hibernian FC v Kilmarnock FC

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Just in the door..missed it because last minute family issue.. anyway how did we play? Deserved win?

Watched most of second half through fingers.  Did enough to hold on but we need to look lively in defence going on from this.  3 points though, so it will do for me. 

7 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Watched most of second half through fingers.  Did enough to hold on but we need to look lively in defence going on from this.  3 points though, so it will do for me. 

Sounds familiar except for the three points.. take it though

Hibs are my second team now that Nisbet’s got the green and white on, and will continue to be my big team when the Championship starts in October.

Pleased for him getting an assist, did he play well?

28 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Just in the door..missed it because last minute family issue.. anyway how did we play? Deserved win?

Good first half, typical second half inviting  them onto us but they didn’t really create that much, Marciano’s best save came from Hanlon trying to put it out for a corner.

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Martin Boyle is superb.

David Tanner is a twonk.

Joe Newell, despite being a Tory p***k is a very good footballer.

Hopefully this behind closed doors stuff doesn’t go on for long cause our coverage was rotten imo.

Club coverage is always going to be a bit naff but at least its Hibs naff.  Tanner wasn't too bad, but when he corrected "David Gray" to "Sir David Gray", while entirely correct, seemed a bit forced.  

I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the Motherwell game for more premium quality output. 

6 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Club coverage is always going to be a bit naff but at least its Hibs naff.  Tanner wasn't too bad, but when he corrected "David Gray" to "Sir David Gray", while entirely correct, seemed a bit forced.  

I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the Motherwell game for more premium quality output. 

Tanner is a fanny imo, he kept getting information wrong, clearly hadn’t done any research and just came across as a bit of a tool. 

Each to their own but it wasn’t great for me.

7 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Tanner is a fanny imo, he kept getting information wrong, clearly hadn’t done any research and just came across as a bit of a tool. 

Each to their own but it wasn’t great for me.

That's fair enough mate.  For 17.99 and the first bit of Hibs I've seen that wasn't YouTube based for what seems like for fucking ever means I'm easily pleased.  

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

How did nisbet do today?
An assist

Great bit of play for his assist. Mainly had to deal with the ball being shelled at him from all angles for the rest of the game, had one shot at goal but dragged it wide. 

How did Kiltie do for Killie?

Thought he was fairly quiet but neat and tidy on the ball when he had it. Which has more or less covered most of his performances since his big injury.

Thought the quality of the stream was superb btw, was worried it would be a bit dodgy but it was perfect.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Great bit of play for his assist. Mainly had to deal with the ball being shelled at him from all angles for the rest of the game, had one shot at goal but dragged it wide. 

His link up play is excellent. Not just a goal scorer. 

I'll need the ludicrously-biased-towards-Killie stats dweeb to confirm this, but on the subject of football being played during pandemics, I think I'm right in saying that the last time Killie left Easter Road with shree points we were in the midst of the Ebola outbreak?

Wonder what the next pandemic will be when Killie finally come away from EH7 with a win? Maybe smallpox will make a comeback? Maybe it’ll be polio that returns? Maybe after the asteroid hits, the remaining life forms on earth will be so immune that pandemics as we know them no longer exist?

All remains to be seen, but back in your PPV-less East Ayrshire boxes for the time being, please.

I'm surprised to see the defence being picked out for so much criticism. Considering the midfield and attack had no control of the game in the second half, the couple of good chances Killie had is not bad going for our back three. I thought they did reasonably well. Newell's composure and protection of the ball is excellent. We need to trust him more and let him control the game for us, rather than aimlessly getting rid of it and inviting constant pressure. Doidge was a good addition on that front, things seemed to stick a bit more up front once he came on.

All very simple stuff but it was pleasing to see someone in the Gogic role again. A bit less headless chicken stuff from the centre backs with him there too. 

Not the best performance every but I'll happily take the opening day shree points.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Wonder what the next pandemic will be when Killie finally come away from EH7 with a win? Maybe smallpox will make a comeback? Maybe it’ll be polio that returns? Maybe after the asteroid hits, the remaining life forms on earth will be so immune that pandemics as we know them no longer exist?

All remains to be seen, but back in your PPV-less East Ayrshire boxes for the time being, please.

Let's hope certain clubs aren't bottom of their respective leagues when that asteroid hits, or there's going to be a great deal of suffering for many when it's over.