What Is Your Favourite Ever Film?

Gaz

On 17/07/2020 at 03:57, Raidernation said:

Changes depending on mood/ circumstances but I’ll go for “Diamonds are Forever” because my Dad took us to the pictures to see it when it came out.

I assume you know about the movie mistake at the end of the car chase.

The Departed 

Very seldom quoted as amongst Martin Scorsese's greatest films, that accolade is usually given to Goodfellas, Raging Bull or Taxi Driver but I think his pastiche of the Irish mafia in Boston is his finest work.

De Caprio and Matt Damon are quite magnificent in it, with fantastic supporting slots from Mark Wahlberg and Alec Baldwin, I absolutely fucking love that film. 

I fucking love Kubrick, so 2001: A Space Odyssey for me. The Blue Danube bit at the start will never be beaten, IMO. Made in 1968 too, so an unbelievable feat of filmmaking. 

Special mention for The Good The Bad And The Ugly, though, which I only saw for the first time during lockdown. I can't wait to watch it again. Absolutely beautiful.

My personal top ten for what it's worth 

1. The Departed 

2. Dawn of the Dead (1978 version), the helicopter pilot is my username and avatar on here

3. Apocalypse Now 

4. Trainspotting 

5. Goodfellas 

6. Inglorious Basterds

7. Godfather part 2

8. The Thing (1982)

9. Layer Cake 

10. Full Metal Jacket 

Actually quite hard to come up with one but I'll probably go with Dune, a film I can watch repeatedly and not get bored. 

Slated by a lot but the darkness of the film compared to other sci fi films  of the era always appealed to me. The characters,  costumes, ships, story, worlds etc were really gripping.

Actually quite hard to come up with one but I'll probably go with Dune, a film I can watch repeatedly and not get bored. 
Slated by a lot but the darkness of the film compared to other sci fi films  of the era always appealed to me. The characters,  costumes, ships, story, worlds etc were really gripping.

Looking forward to the remake, hope they don't f**k it up!

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:
3 hours ago, bennett said:

Looking forward to the remake, hope they don't f**k it up!

Same, was supposed to be out in December but apparently maybe delayed.