What Is Your Favourite Ever Film?

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thing with American History X is that it apparently ended up being a very different film to the one the director had planned - he got kicked off the project and it was completely re-edited by Ed Norton. Both he and Norton ended up with the reputation of being difficult to work with as a result.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Doesn't hurt sometimes, by all accounts Peter Sellers was a complete bellend filming Strangelove but that still worked out okay.

It probably helps that Stanley Kubrick wasn't exactly a joy to work with either.

No idea if it's true, but I love the story about Kubrick asking George C. Scott to run a goofy take of scenes to warm up, then using those takes for the final cut of the film. Not a happy man, supposedly.

11 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It probably helps that Stanley Kubrick wasn't exactly a joy to work with either.

No idea if it's true, but I love the story about Kubrick asking George C. Scott to run a goofy take of scenes to warm up, then using those takes for the final cut of the film. Not a happy man, supposedly.

Was a bit of a loon himself, cant be many actors to refuse a best actor Oscar.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was a bit of a loon himself, cant be many actors to refuse a best actor Oscar.

Aye. I'd mention Brando but, well...

Scott had massive hands, though. First noticed it in The Exorcist 3; pretty sure his index finger was longer than my...mate's cock  :mellow:

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye. I'd mention Brando but, well...

Scott had massive hands, though. First noticed it in The Exorcist 3; pretty sure his index finger was longer than my...mate's cock  :mellow:

I wasn't keen on that film but sounds like I didn't get as bored as you and your mate when it was on.

• 1 month later...
On 02/10/2020 at 13:22, The Marly said:

Top Gun

Looking forward to this? 

Me neither 

35 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It changes all the time but if someone asked me to put a movie on it would probably be The Death of Stalin. Seen it about 4 times in the past couple of years and still laugh like a drain for the entire runtime.

Hugely underrated. 

• 2 weeks later...