Aberdeen vs Rangers - 1st of August

Got through about 4 seconds of McInnes’ interview on BBC Scotland before switching it off, heard it all before 

I do think there is a big element of familiarity breeding contempt but the guy fair needs to pull a decent season out of his arse 

Apart from a handful of games we’ve been wretched to watch for the best part of 2 years 

The fact he is a steady pair of hands isn’t enough anymore 

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I did say the Fletcher comment was slightly tongue in cheek. As I also said previously, I think Fletcher is a good choice and I’m looking forward to hearing more from him when talking about other teams. 

Despite my username, I wouldn’t class myself as a Celtic fan. Sutton talking about Celtic in games they aren’t playing is something that annoys me, but as you say, as much as he is a divisive figure he is someone who talks up our game and has a relatively deep knowledge of the teams he is paid handsomely to watch. 

Turning the commentary off isn’t something I would enjoy. As much as there is a plethora of things that annoy me with Sky’s Scottish Football output, I’m able to sit and watch the game quite content, I’m not sitting in the corner of my living room rocking back and forth because of something a commentator said. I would have thought posting my opinions of the punditry on the actual match thread would have been quite inoffensive but obviously not. 

Thought was a nice touch 

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Thought was a nice touch 

Seen that earlier, very promising signs that he isn’t another OF dullard like Boyd or Hartson. 

Was Fletcher a Hibs fan growing up? I haven’t checked but something is telling me he was. 

Having looked back on the sending off a couple of times, it was a disappointing reaction from Arfield in pretending to be injured. It should have been a red for both players. Considine can't challenge with his studs on full show, even though he only touched the ball, and Arfield can't go into a tackle with both feet off the ground without expecting a red. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Arfield was just protecting himself. 

When you watch it at full speed Considine is out of control. 

Yup.  It’s a definite red for Considine.  The referee got it spot on.

I initially thought the red should have been shown to both players, but when you see it again Arfield is trying to protect himself from getting a sore one.  

Nice easy 3 points to start with.  Would have liked to have seen us finish the game off as a contest earlier. 

5 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

I believe it is up to me to determine whether my post is intended as humour or otherwise.  Your posts, however, can be determined to be mince by most.  

Fascinating. Your post analysis entertains everyone. 

Mince? Devastating wit.

After one game we are back to familiar ground, good old sportscene. 

CRAIG GORDON reckons Rangers star Scott Arfield could've been sent off after the crunching tackle with Aberdeen defender Andrew Considine