Jump to content
The_Kincardine

Aberdeen vs Rangers - 1st of August

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Maybe not a surprising result but a worrying performance there. Absolutely no attacking threat whatsoever and if Rangers were a team that created more than a handful of chances the scoreline could have been a hell of a lot worse. There'll be a lot of pressure on Edmondson to perform without the services of Cosgrove and Main (lol) for a while. Only real positive I saw was that Hernández looked to be pretty good in his position. 

Hernandez looks an upgrade on Logan. 

Thought Campbell looked good. We started stringing more than one pass together when he came. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Maybe not a surprising result but a worrying performance there. Absolutely no attacking threat whatsoever and if Rangers were a team that created more than a handful of chances the scoreline could have been a hell of a lot worse. There'll be a lot of pressure on Edmondson to perform without the services of Cosgrove and Main (lol) for a while. Only real positive I saw was that Hernández looked to be pretty good in his position. 

Mcinnes has a decent record against Gerrard because he usually grinds out the first half then harries them in the second. Plan goes to f**k when you lose the goal we lost.

We looked better in the second half but I genuinely think rangers took the foot off the pedal with Leverkusen in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom 6 stuff from the sheep there, although I'm sure they'll improve over the season, it's looking like a downward trend for them. Rangers admittedly have superior players in there, but midfield was horrific and they would have struggled against other sides too. I would have thought McGeough to try and keep the ball better with 2 buzzing around him would have been a much better option.

As for Rangers, comfortable enough, but weren't tested and as mentioned earlier, Celtic would have won that at a canter. Hagi is a puzzle, £3-4 million for a CAM who is inferior to Kent and Aribo. Seems a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

They mentioned it once, the English league. 
Sutton mentions Celtic, why? Maybe being a Celtic fan/supporter you don't see it as an issue? 
Fletcher you were ready to put him down after listening to him once, impressive.
I had no issue with the commentators speaking about the English game once. 
Commentators don't bother me, if they bother you that much and you feel this wont change then you have to deal with that. My suggestion to you was switching off the commentators and enjoy the football.

I did say the Fletcher comment was slightly tongue in cheek. As I also said previously, I think Fletcher is a good choice and I’m looking forward to hearing more from him when talking about other teams. 
 

Despite my username, I wouldn’t class myself as a Celtic fan. Sutton talking about Celtic in games they aren’t playing is something that annoys me, but as you say, as much as he is a divisive figure he is someone who talks up our game and has a relatively deep knowledge of the teams he is paid handsomely to watch. 
 

Turning the commentary off isn’t something I would enjoy. As much as there is a plethora of things that annoy me with Sky’s Scottish Football output, I’m able to sit and watch the game quite content, I’m not sitting in the corner of my living room rocking back and forth because of something a commentator said. I would have thought posting my opinions of the punditry on the actual match thread would have been quite inoffensive but obviously not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Jonny Hayes looks like an alky

He used to play poker in the pub league when he was with us. Up close he looks like a leper who has tried to lick the honey out a bee hive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lex said:

Would have been a lot of viewers across the world watching that today given there was no other competitive football on at the time.

What a show our second and fourth best teams gave them eh.

Fucking hell.

I hate comparing Scottish football with English football but it’s regularly touted as ‘the best league in the world’ and it wasn’t any worse than what was served up for the first few weeks down south. When the players haven’t played regular football for months on end you’re almost guaranteed a few sluggish looking games to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Bottom 6 stuff from the sheep there, although I'm sure they'll improve over the season, it's looking like a downward trend for them. Rangers admittedly have superior players in there, but midfield was horrific and they would have struggled against other sides too. I would have thought McGeough to try and keep the ball better with 2 buzzing around him would have been a much better option.

As for Rangers, comfortable enough, but weren't tested and as mentioned earlier, Celtic would have won that at a canter. Hagi is a puzzle, £3-4 million for a CAM who is inferior to Kent and Aribo. Seems a waste.

We've got enough to finish third IF the manager swallows his pride and tried something more expansive.

McGeouch missed most of the pre season games.

GIF by Happy Motion

Genk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

It was an attempt at humour, but it is immediately apparent that you're a fanny.  Bore off.

Not an attempt at humour. Just a fact Hibs often struggle for the top 6. They will again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We've got enough to finish third IF the manager swallows his pride and tried something more expansive.

McGeouch missed most of the pre season games.

GIF by Happy Motion

Genk.

Aye, they'll be challenging for the Euro places and may end up third, but they were comfortably the 2nd/3rd best side in country for a while and have (imo) regressed rather than the others improving.

McGeough's fitness has always been an issue tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Not an attempt at humour. Just a fact Hibs often struggle for the top 6. They will again.

I believe it is up to me to determine whether my post is intended as humour or otherwise.  Your posts, however, can be determined to be mince by most.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I hate comparing Scottish football with English football but it’s regularly touted as ‘the best league in the world’ and it wasn’t any worse than what was served up for the first few weeks down south. When the players haven’t played regular football for months on end you’re almost guaranteed a few sluggish looking games to begin with. 

Most of the recent EPL games would have put you to sleep. I was quite excited at first to come home from work to watch a match, sometimes two matches on the trot, but I very quickly stopped caring once I seen what was on offer. The only games that managed to hold my attention long enough to watch till the end was Sheffield United v Villa and Chelsea V Man City (which was admitted a very good game). 
 

I’m currently watching St Mirren Livi on my TV and Dundee United St Johnstone on my IPad, and very much enjoying it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Aye, they'll be challenging for the Euro places and may end up third, but they were comfortably the 2nd/3rd best side in country for a while and have (imo) regressed rather than the others improving.

McGeough's fitness has always been an issue tbf.

Therein lies a problem. A player he's wanted became available so we signed him. We signed Ojo because we couldn't get Dylan in the summer and we have Dean Campbell coming through. He wasn't needed but he's a good player so we signed him anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Jonny Hayes looks like an alky

Excuse me.  We're not all shorn-haired thuggish-looking brutes with ears at 90 degrees to our head and  shoulder to wrist tattoos to disguise the track marks.   Have a bit of respect, please.

Terrific interview from Big Leon who strolled his debut:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

This is from this time last year when we got pumped by Rijeka. Plus ca change...

 

Yip, same old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hernandez looks an upgrade on Logan. 
Thought Campbell looked good. We started stringing more than one pass together when he came. 
On Campbell, he was far better than Ojo. Not for the first time. Personally I'd rather play Campbell through this season instead of watching the mediocrity that Ojo invariably offers.

Perhaps my earlier post was harsh on Hernandez so happy to hold my hands up there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Did anyone expect differently from McInnes and his merry gang of flat track bullies? They’ll bore their way to 4th without touching silverware and they’ll be happy about it.

We can't all play brilliantly and struggle to seventh in the face of injustice and oppression. We can dream though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

On Campbell, he was far better than Ojo. Not for the first time. Personally I'd rather play Campbell through this season instead of watching the mediocrity that Ojo invariably offers.

Perhaps my earlier post was harsh on Hernandez so happy to hold my hands up there

Hernandez was posted missing a few times but Logan would have been too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's rather depressing that after 6 years we still haven't learned the lesson that gifting Rangers or Celtic 80 or 90% possession at Pittodrie means that they're guaranteed to score within the first 20 minutes or so. 

5 minutes into the game and the sense of utter doom was there. 

We looked like a team that hadn't kicked a ball in 5 months, and it's impossible to tell how good Rangers were because they simply were under no pressure at all today. They were light years ahead of us in movement and thought though.

All in all, it was the kind of turgid guff that had me praying for a second wave of coronavirus to hit. Ho hum. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...