Aberdeen vs Rangers - 1st of August

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Turn commentary off. 

Fletcher you already had a go at for not maybe knowing who the Ross County players may be.

More or less every Scottish game, you will hear about Celtic or Rangers being mentioned. I presume as a celtic fan/supporter you don't find this an issue ?

To be fair, the Fletcher comment was slightly tongue in cheek, and a nod towards the Sportsound pundits who can’t be bothered to learn the names of the players they are literally paid money to comment on. As I said I think (hope) that Fletcher will be the sort of guy to do a bit of research and learn about teams like County and Hamilton etc. That’s not really something he should be getting praised for as I imagine he is getting paid rather handsomely to do a job that the majority of people on here would love to do, it would just put him head and shoulders above the clowns that we have to put up with like Bonner, Hartson, anyone on Super Scoreboard or Sportsound etc. 

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Taylor making that block doesn't really deserve much praise when Aribo was only onside in the first place because he was three yards deeper than the rest of the defence.

He was in the same position for the next attack as well and obviously for the goal too. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I was 'called out' originally because your team has lay down and had its belly tickled. Is this untrue?

Not sure what you're after. You expecting one of us to say we're happy with the performance?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did Aberdeen register a shot on target?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Perhaps I should have signalled my sarcasm more clearly. Agree with your second paragraph.

Sorry that sailed over my head, I still don’t get it tbh. Was the sarcasm the Ferguson comment or the 3 OF clubs?

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Not sure what you're after. You expecting one of us to say we're happy with the performance?

Yes.

It was that comment that you took issue with to begin with!

According to Sky & BBC you didn't. Certainly can't recall McGregor having to deal with anything. Unless you're counting a goal mouth scramble that was flagged for a free-kick?

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

To be fair, the Fletcher comment was slightly tongue in cheek, and a nod towards the Sportsound pundits who can’t be bothered to learn the names of the players they are literally paid money to comment on. As I said I think (hope) that Fletcher will be the sort of guy to do a bit of research and learn about teams like County and Hamilton etc. 

Let's just see and find out rather than being negative. 

Sutton goes on about celtic every single scottish game he deals with on TV..... however he talks the game up so I have no issue with this.

However no need to talk about celtic when they aren't playing ?

Talking about the English game they did it once, was it such an issue?

Maybe not a surprising result but a worrying performance there. Absolutely no attacking threat whatsoever and if Rangers were a team that created more than a handful of chances the scoreline could have been a hell of a lot worse. There'll be a lot of pressure on Edmondson to perform without the services of Cosgrove and Main (lol) for a while. Only real positive I saw was that Hernández looked to be pretty good in his position. 

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Poor from Rangers, very poor from Aberdeen, and extremely poor from Madden. It’s almost as if football never went away.

What was poot about madden? 

Didn't think he had much to do.

The red was correct decision and sadly the goal was fine.

No issue from the referee 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Our blistering home form continues.

Hedges hair band is definitely the worst thing about that 90 mins though.

Disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Preferable  to the identikit tattoed messes most fitba players are these days. A throwback!

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

According to Sky & BBC you didn't. Certainly can't recall McGregor having to deal with anything. Unless you're counting a goal mouth scramble that was flagged for a free-kick?

McGregor saved an Ojo shot in the 1st half.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No. I just thought it's daft that anyone could be happy with a 5-0 pumping. Been there and done that in the Ebbe days.

McGregor saved a shot from Ojo.