Aberdeen vs Rangers - 1st of August

1 hour ago, bennett said:

After one game we are back to familiar ground, good old sportscene. 

CRAIG GORDON reckons Rangers star Scott Arfield could've been sent off after the crunching tackle with Aberdeen defender Andrew Considine

Both Boyd and McCoist said the same on Sky after the game.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, bennett said:

CRAIG GORDON reckons Rangers star Scott Arfield could've been sent off after the crunching tackle with Aberdeen defender Andrew Considine

Well, both went in with studs up. Considine just had the bad luck to get to the ball first. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Having looked back on the sending off a couple of times, it was a disappointing reaction from Arfield in pretending to be injured. It should have been a red for both players. Considine can't challenge with his studs on full show, even though he only touched the ball, and Arfield can't go into a tackle with both feet off the ground without expecting a red. 

Agree but when have you ever seen two opposing players sent off after a collision? I don’t think i ever have.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Anderson is the new Darren Mackie. rubbish

Bizarre comment.

Anderson drew the shortest straw, ever, in Scottish football today.....playing a role that he was hugely, utterly.. laughably.. incapable of playing. 

You would have as well asked him to keep goals blindfolded while juggling balls for the cirque du soleil. He might have been better at that role. 

It's not his fault that we're our two main strikers down, so no criticism at all for him.

14 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Agree but when have you ever seen two opposing players sent off after a collision? I don’t think i ever have.

I've never, seen it as it's probably never happened. But that's what should have happened today. And I've just seen O'Halloran's first yellow, and it's worse than Considine's challenge. 

Anderson isn't really suited to McInnes' preferred system, especially against a team like Rangers, but he also didn't help himself at times today. He didn't really show for the ball, wasn't occupying good positions, didn't do enough to make the ball stick on the rare occasions we got it up to him. Unfortunately, I really struggle to see him being a success as a lone striker in this team without some fairly radical changes from McInnes in the set up and style of football, which I struggle to see happening any time soon. 

On 21/07/2020 at 11:51, RussellAnderson said:

Kent is overrated as f**k anyway, play him if you like. (Kent hattrick incoming)

sorry lads, I will have to take the blame for this one. 

neither team were any good but we were so so awful. youve got to wonder what the hell theyve been working on all summer because honestly there were no ideas up top for us. I hope Anderson gets another chance against a slightly worse team because he was hung out to dry today. 

Never a red for Considine in a million years. A hard tackle aye, but one footed, not off the ground, gets the ball, doesnt really get the man. not even a foul. 

good 2 b back eh

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I initially thought the red should have been shown to both players, but when you see it again Arfield is trying to protect himself from getting a sore one.  

Nice easy 3 points to start with.  Would have liked to have seen us finish the game off as a contest earlier. 

Arfield was never going to get hurt because Considine's studs were always only going to make contact with the ball. It was a red for both of them.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

You do realise that that the two Sky bastions of Ibroxness, McCoist and Boyd, said exactly the same thing. That doesn't fit in with your agenda though, so I suppose it didn't happen.

Players with pass marks today for me were Hernandez and Ferguson. Joe Lewis was difficult to assess because, apart from the goal, he had nothing to do. Too many slightly below average performances, and then there was Ojo. But it's just the first match and we move on to Perth on Saturday. Hopefully McGinn is fully fit by then and starts.

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Seen that earlier, very promising signs that he isn’t another OF dullard like Boyd or Hartson. 

Was Fletcher a Hibs fan growing up? I haven’t checked but something is telling me he was. 

Darren is a Celtic fan,his mum and dad stay up the road from me.