Aberdeen vs Rangers - 1st of August

That was brutal stuff. Deserved our loss totally. Sat off them for far too long and took too long to spot the obvious problem in midfield.

The small bright spot was Hayes is back and worked his arse off.

The middle of midfield was powderpuff. Ojo was so far off the pace it was frightening and Bryson was a passenger. That it took our management to beyond half time to change it is baffling. Hernandez looked off the pace, Considine getting sent off was stupid and Kennedy, I am sorry but I don't get how he fits into the way McInnes envisages us playing.

Ultimately we could have played until midnight and not even threaten to score. The lack of service to both Anderson and Edmondson left both utterly exposed up there.

Very few positives to take from that. A very similar performance to so many that we witnessed last season, which shouldn't be a surprise given the squad is very similar. Next week will be an interesting gauge as to where we will finish this season.

Would have been a lot of viewers across the world watching that today given there was no other competitive football on at the time.

What a show our second and fourth best teams gave them eh.

Fucking hell.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No. I just thought it's daft that anyone could be happy with a 5-0 pumping. Been there and done that in the Ebbe days.

McGregor saved a shot from Ojo.

Would you honestly rather today's performance opposed to baws out attacking that has a chance of backfiring?

I'd take the risk of the pumping than that and I've seen both sides from my team!

Fair enough - missed that!

6 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

It's actually been tolerable for once watching a Rangers/Sevco game, without the sectarian bile being spouted by the *** hoards.

:)

As I said, that particular avenue being closed off to some is going to be a tough one for some whenever Rangers win this season.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Let's just see and find out rather than being negative. 

Sutton goes on about celtic every single scottish game he deals with on TV..... however he talks the game up so I have no issue with this.

However no need to talk about celtic when they aren't playing ?

Talking about the English game they did it once, was it such an issue?

Sutton did talk about Celtic a lot, but it was obvious that he had put in a bit of time to find out how every team in the league played, and if he happened to be a commentator in a game involving 2 bottom six teams, he was able to talk through their tactics, recent form etc. And as you say he never misses a chance to talk our game up. 

Talking about the English game during a Scottish game isn’t a massive deal, but Sky have 90 minutes to talk up OUR game, if you want to hear about English football stick Sky Sports News on, it’s not as if English football doesnt get enough air time on Sky. It’s just tin pot in my personal opinion, if it doesn’t bother you then fair enough. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would you honestly rather today's performance opposed to baws out attacking that has a chance of backfiring?

I'd take the risk of the pumping than that and I've seen both sides from my team!

Fair enough - missed that!

If it's either or then I'd rather lose 1-0 in a shitfest. 

It doesn't have to be either or though. That's the issue a lot of us have.

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

Sutton did talk about Celtic a lot, but it was obvious that he had put in a bit of time to find out how every team in the league played, and if he happened to be a commentator in a game involving 2 bottom six teams, he was able to talk through their tactics, recent form etc. And as you say he never misses a chance to talk our game up. 

Talking about the English game during a Scottish game isn’t a massive deal, but Sky have 90 minutes to talk up OUR game, if you want to hear about English football stick Sky Sports News on, it’s not as if English football doesnt get enough air time on Sky. It’s just tin pot in my personal opinion, if it doesn’t bother you then fair enough. 

They mentioned it once, the English league. 
Sutton mentions Celtic, why? Maybe being a Celtic fan/supporter you don't see it as an issue? 
Fletcher you were ready to put him down after listening to him once, impressive.
I had no issue with the commentators speaking about the English game once. 
Commentators don't bother me, if they bother you that much and you feel this wont change then you have to deal with that. My suggestion to you was switching off the commentators and enjoy the football.

22 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Maybe not a surprising result but a worrying performance there. Absolutely no attacking threat whatsoever and if Rangers were a team that created more than a handful of chances the scoreline could have been a hell of a lot worse. There'll be a lot of pressure on Edmondson to perform without the services of Cosgrove and Main (lol) for a while. Only real positive I saw was that Hernández looked to be pretty good in his position. 

Hernandez looks an upgrade on Logan. 

Thought Campbell looked good. We started stringing more than one pass together when he came.