Aberdeen vs Rangers - 1st of August

As expected. Feels flat, first game I’ve watched and it’s pretty pish. We’ll get caught again pushing for equaliser and it’ll end 2-0 I reckon.

Good to see things haven’t changed - Madden getting the calls right. Definitely touched him for that yellow 🤣

2 minutes ago, David W said:

I've seen numerous games like this, where Aberdeen play Rangers/Celtic and just stand completely off them. In cup finals as well. I understand there probably has to be an element of caution, and that better teams will naturally keep the ball, but they always take it too far with how deep they sit and how little pressure they put on the ball.

McInnes has some good results shitfesting against Rangers over the last couple of seasons. 

Awful stuff this. We came in to it after the goal but I'm pretty sure Rangers took the foot off the pedal.

Morelos looking at least a stone overweight and he's more on it than anybody in our team.

It's fine trying to grind out the game and get yourself a lead in the second half but losing a shitey goal like that makes you wonder if the passiveness is worth it.

2 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Brother Madden defo lending a helping hand.  Several decisions he gave Sevco I thought were BS.  

Some of his decisions have been terrible. I don't mind him giving the fouls for shitey pushes but has to give them both ways.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Anderson and Considine have been seriously poor.

Considine has given the ball away far too often. He's arguably been the worst player on the pitch.

Harsh on Anderson. We're treating it like he's a 6ft 2" target man. This was the main worry in our Aberdeen thread.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

McInnes has some good results shitfesting against Rangers over the last couple of seasons. 

He has but as I've posted if it doesn't work then we're lost.

Awful game but great to have a Rangers game with no sectarian chanting so far. Something they couldn't even manage in a European match vs Inter Milan played behind closed doors...

#EveryoneAnyone

Edited by jagfox BLM

Agree on Ojo, so static and being bypassed completely. Even simple passes not being completed. 

Anytime someone in midfield gets it there seems to be absolutely no support, meaning the options are either aimlessly launch it or go backwards... followed by launching it.

Grim stuff.

Aberdeen being shite against Rangers isn't a surprise, but looking this far out of their depth is. It's the sort of performance you expect from a lower league club when they get Celtic at Parkhead in a Cup, too terrified to press them properly and panicking so much in possession that there's not the slightest chance of creating anything.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Some of his decisions have been terrible. I don't mind him giving the fouls for shitey pushes but has to give them both ways.

Harsh on Anderson. We're treating it like he's a 6ft 2" target man. This was the main worry in our Aberdeen thread.

He has but as I've posted if it doesn't work then we're lost.

I'd like to see Edmondson on at halftime. Anderson works better alongside Cosgrove or another striker. I just feel Main would have done more than Anderson sadly he's injured too.

I'm not even shocked by our performance. I just knew we'd be s***e.

Rangers have kept the ball well without looking overly dangerous going forward.

Aberdeen have been pure dogshit tbh and I can't help but feel that if it had been Celtic they were playing, they'd be 2 or 3 down already.

Closed door games are always going to suit the Old Firm due to having players levels above the opposition.

Crowds add pressure. Rangers can go to Portugal and put in great performances in fairly sedate atmospheres then bottle it in Scotland against Accies and Hearts due to weak mentality. 

I feel for Ojo a little bit. He has been poor, but the shape of the team and the lack of movement amongst his teammates has limited his options when he has the ball. Saying that, he has missed some fairly simple passes, too. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Edmondson on for Anderson early in the second half, just to offer some sort of focal point up front. McGinn will probably be on soon, too. Nobody in red could really have any complaints about being hooked after that - it was absolutely dismal.