Aberdeen vs Rangers - 1st of August

With the number of Sheep posters camping in the main Rangers thread during lockdown you'd think Govan had become an exclave of Kittybrewster.  They certainly love The Gers - and who can blame them?

Still, maybe they will go back to posting more about Aberdeen than us now that we have a match ahead.

Our 2-2 draw at Pittodrie last season was hugely frustrating so hopefully we can put that behind us.

A narrow away win.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

With the number of Sheep posters camping in the main Rangers thread during lockdown you'd think Govan had become an exclave of Kittybrewster.  They certainly love The Gers - and who can blame them?

Still, maybe they will go back to posting more about Aberdeen than us now that we have a match ahead.

Our 2-2 draw at Pittodrie last season was hugely frustrating so hopefully we can put that behind us.

A narrow away win.

“Love to hate” would be a tad more accurate.

By the way........a match thread.........WOW!

If the news that Rangers are willing to “spend” £3.8m on some guy from Amiens is true, it is obvious that they are willing to go bust again in the vain hope that they can stop their rivals winning 10* in a row and ruin their history (copyright Paul Lambert). It would be nice to see him on my TV on 1st August though.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If the news that Rangers are willing to “spend” £3.8m on some guy from Amiens is true, it is obvious that they are willing to go bust again in the vain hope that they can stop their rivals winning 10* in a row and ruin their history (copyright Paul Lambert). It would be nice to see him on my TV on 1st August though.

Joey, nearly 8 years on & you're still having trouble with this.  The club's history is unbroken, so therefore it's not at risk, it's the company that found itself in a fiduciary quandary. 

Hoping the enforced break has helped us regroup and put the disappointing post-winter-break slump behind us.

I’d expect Morelos to be heavily involved as he normally is against Aberdeen.

2-1 Rangers.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hoping the enforced break has helped us regroup and put the disappointing post-winter-break slump behind us.

I’d expect Morelos to be heavily involved as he normally is against Aberdeen.

2-1 Rangers.

Romeo did helpfully point out that McAllister had some concerns around his fitness, so you're probably right. ;)

8 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Romeo did helpfully point out that McAllister had some concerns around his fitness, so you're probably right. ;)

Haha, Morelos will never be a lean player.

Some fans had the same concerns last season - he came on against St Joseph’s and had clearly enjoyed his summer. Then he went on to score 29 goals before January.

I’m hoping for more of the same 😂

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Haha, Morelos will never be a lean player.

Some fans had the same concerns last season - he came on against St Joseph’s and had clearly enjoyed his summer. Then he went on to score 29 goals before January.

I’m hoping for more of the same 😂

He must be a really frustrating player to have in your team.  He seems to have a killer instinct that is invaluable in a forward, but it can spill over into his conduct, which leads to him missing a fair few games each season.   

24 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

He must be a really frustrating player to have in your team.  He seems to have a killer instinct that is invaluable in a forward, but it can spill over into his conduct, which leads to him missing a fair few games each season.   

Aye, frustrating to say the least!

I think if an acceptable bid comes in then Rangers will take it. I get the feeling Gerrard moved away from the “keep him at all costs” way of thinking after dropping him from the squad against Hearts for disciplinary issues.

37 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Hilarious to watch and easy to wind up.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, frustrating to say the least!

I think if an acceptable bid comes in then Rangers will take it. I get the feeling Gerrard moved away from the “keep him at all costs” way of thinking after dropping him from the squad against Hearts for disciplinary issues.

Regrettable decision in hindsight.  Who would have thought that Hearts were capable of raising their game?