Wages.....

No, it should be called the 4th Division.
Well yes, that would have been my choice, but Premier, 1st Division, 2nd Division, 3rd Division is way more sensible than the cringeworthy Premier, Championship, League One and League Two guff.

Pity they weren’t so sensible with the number of participants.
And as you know, they didn't want a Premier Division at all this season, but certain people at influential clubs spoke to other certain people and the rest is history.

Time to move on jimbo.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

And as you know, they didn't want a Premier Division at all this season, but certain people at influential clubs spoke to other certain people and the rest is history.

Time to move on jimbo.

And what better way to move on than by bringing up the past. 😀

7 hours ago, glensmad said:

Time to move on jimbo.

It’s a shame for them.

Expect if you visit a majority of clubhouses you will still see the brown envelopes making an appearance, guessing most of the £ comes from a sponsors pocket - the legality beyond my brain cells. Always hoped that players enjoyed the game, and then at a certain level - they chase the money. I know many players who have moved clubs for a extra £20 a week, sad really.

On 02/08/2020 at 11:55, Ball-foot-score said:

£20? We lost out on a lad for £5. The game is ruined, we’re all just to wrapped up in it to realise 

Professionalism in Scottish football became legal in 1893. Have you only just noticed?

As usual it's a merry go round with managers and players, new boss gets players that he knows - club offers more money, the word quickly gets around. Long gone are the players making 200 apps for one club, it's not something I like myself, just the way the game works. Always hard on the fans as we have no say on what happens in the clubs regarding managers and players.