Wages.....

3 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Just a quick question.... Has any team paid players since Corona stopped football... and if so.. Did  teams just pay players that re-signed and not pay the players that left?? 

The players that were declaring the wages so to speak should be paid 

1 minute ago, Derry said:

No really mate a lot of clubs still pay players cash etc and won’t declare it 

So, if they were all paid the same way ?? Would it be reasonable for a club to pay players that stayed and not pay players that left?? Is that ethical, legal ???

4 minutes ago, DanMan said:

So, if they were all paid the same way ?? Would it be reasonable for a club to pay players that stayed and not pay players that left?? Is that ethical, legal ???

Was it cash in hand ? Or into bank account etc 

7 minutes ago, Derry said:

Was it cash in hand ? Or into bank account etc 

No idea mate.. I wasn't paid, or due to be paid.. But some were and some weren't . Hence me asking. The morality smacks of biterness, that some players chose to move on. 

Edited by DanMan

1 minute ago, DanMan said:

No idea mate.. I wasn't paid, or due to be paid.. But some were and some weren't . Hence me asking. The morality smacks of biterness, that some players chose to move on. 

I have lost count of how many players didn’t get paid mate some on really good money and some on very little but it’s not the point yes the clubs would be struggling but so would some of the players doesn’t matter if it’s not there main source of income like most family’s etc they count on every penny they make  to pay bills etc  I have also heard some clubs making up some players losses from the season past with signing on fees this year to get them to resign 

if there has been tax paid etc and a paper trail wouldn’t be to hard to get the money but if not declared etc and cash in hand it’s not so simple 

8 minutes ago, Derry said:

I have lost count of how many players didn’t get paid mate some on really good money and some on very little but it’s not the point yes the clubs would be struggling but so would some of the players doesn’t matter if it’s not there main source of income like most family’s etc they count on every penny they make  to pay bills etc  I have also heard some clubs making up some players losses from the season past with signing on fees this year to get them to resign 

if there has been tax paid etc and a paper trail wouldn’t be to hard to get the money but if not declared etc and cash in hand it’s not so simple 

I am more interested in the morality of it.. Pay the players that stayed.. Nothing if you chose to move on... Smacks of bitterness  

Edited by DanMan

2 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I am more interested in the morality of it.. Pay the players that stayed.. Nothing if you chose to move on... Smacks of biterness  

It will always be the same u have to laugh at the clubs on Facebook etc giving it the big one about how good they are etc and players have been screwed left right and centre lol 

name and shame then man 

but I know who it is anyway 

6 hours ago, DanMan said:

Just a quick question.... Has any team paid players since Corona stopped football... and if so.. Did  teams just pay players that re-signed and not pay the players that left?? 

Hawd oan, was DanMan not the No.1 Rossvale cheerleader on here?

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If you've  chosen to work cash in hand to avoid tax and NI, or for non contractual payments, you can hardly complain when the illegal payment isn't made.

What pish. 

Gentlemen’s agreements are often reached between player and club which are mutually beneficial for both parties. 

If a situation like covid has came up I’m sure honourable players and clubs will have reached an accord.

1 hour ago, Referee021 said:

What pish. 

Gentlemen’s agreements are often reached between player and club which are mutually beneficial for both parties. 

If a situation like covid has came up I’m sure honourable players and clubs will have reached an accord.

They probably will have done but the point remains that getting paid cash on the QT doesn't give you a lot of rights.

7 hours ago, DanMan said:

I am more interested in the morality of it.. Pay the players that stayed.. Nothing if you chose to move on... Smacks of bitterness  

How to win friends and influence people. Good luck when your boy plays at Rossvale!

2 hours ago, Referee021 said:

What pish. 

download (1).jpeg

Players receiving their wages legitimately through the books, would have been eligible for the furlough scheme and I know a lot of clubs utilised this. Those that were paid under the table - as someone else mentioned, morality aside, the club would have probably not been able to furlough them anyway without a paper trail. At best, they would have got far less money than they would have been due.

What pish. 

Were you one of the players receiving an EBT from Rangers?