Ayrshire Signings For 20/21

eyeswideopen15

When I say sit out the season, i mean just play local friendlies etc. A bit like what the kids are doing at the moment.

As much as I'd love to see the competitive season started asap, would you rather play local friendlies each week and that way there is no real impact if stopped again, or start another season that may not get completed again?

Imagine the Crosshouse, Irvine, WK and Mauchline teams having to go through the same thing again by sitting in automatic promotion spots then having it taken away again by not completing the season for a second time?

The association from what I gather are doing all they can to get things going but it night not be a bad idea to play non competitive until april/May then kickstart the new season in July with the current format that was to be played this season.

The WOSFL have announced they will award trophies and medals for this season coming but not award promotion/relegation because 9 teams have withdrawn without penalty. What's the point in that? Would be as well just letting teams play non competitive games until everyone can or wants to compete

All it takes is a bad winter and tberes no chance. Were 2 months behind already plus missed all the midweek opportunities in august. Much as I'd love to get started cheggers idea actually makes sense. 

When I say sit out the season, i mean just play local friendlies etc. A bit like what the kids are doing at the moment.

As much as I'd love to see the competitive season started asap, would you rather play local friendlies each week and that way there is no real impact if stopped again, or start another season that may not get completed again?

Imagine the Crosshouse, Irvine, WK and Mauchline teams having to go through the same thing again by sitting in automatic promotion spots then having it taken away again by not completing the season for a second time?

The association from what I gather are doing all they can to get things going but it night not be a bad idea to play non competitive until april/May then kickstart the new season in July with the current format that was to be played this season.

The WOSFL have announced they will award trophies and medals for this season coming but not award promotion/relegation because 9 teams have withdrawn without penalty. What's the point in that? Would be as well just letting teams play non competitive games until everyone can or wants to compete
What happens if were still in this same situation come July next year ? Nobody knows how long this will go on . If all protocols are followed and the boys are willing to play let them play . Can't go on like this forever

Am no saying dont play, quite the opposite actually. Personally a think this 2 week layoff is nonsense when they're yet to prove a spike has been caused by a football related incident at amateur level. It'll only get worse if sturgeon follows boris into the 3 tier setup.

Do what the WOSFL did. Put it to a vote of the clubs and if they want to play then play. WOSFL teams aren't all testing their players so how are they any different from amateur with the exception that they can lock their gates so general public can't come in.

What happens if were still in this same situation come July next year ? Nobody knows how long this will go on . If all protocols are followed and the boys are willing to play let them play . Can't go on like this forever

What might make a bit of sense is to play each other just once in the league - that's what the Highland League is doing.  Or if that's not enough, play each other once and then split league and play another 5 games or so.  Would be easier to fit in 11 or 16 games than 22.

what was the vote last night
Clubs voted not to regionalise the leagues for a season and to keep them as they are.

For me regionalised leagues although no promotion on relegation was the best way to get any sort of competitive football in this season. In saying that after seeing the SAFA announcement tonight it appears no matter what is done we won't get to play anyway.

Local leagues was the perfect way to go to get everyone back competitively playing but most importantly it avoided any doubt or hassle that was had last season my basically making the season not finished and not awarding promo or relegation.

By agreeing to start the league as normal and then the possibility of having to call a GM in feb/March to decide if teams should play each other once in this season to decide promo/relegation is a slap in the face to every team that was in a promotion place when the league stopped last season.

It was agreed last season that some teams had only played half their league games (some less than that) so it was deemed unfair to give awards or relegate but now they're saying it's ok to do it by way of a GM if it looks like things won't be able to finish [emoji23][emoji23].

Clubs should have done the correct thing and voted for local leagues and then start a fresh in August 2021.

The SAFA announcement last night has saved any further embarrassment tbh and I dont envey the AAFA commitee for their tasks ahead.

Clubs voted not to regionalise the leagues for a season and to keep them as they are.

For me regionalised leagues although no promotion on relegation was the best way to get any sort of competitive football in this season. In saying that after seeing the SAFA announcement tonight it appears no matter what is done we won't get to play anyway.

• 7 months later...