Ayrshire Signings For 20/21

eyeswideopen15

Already a few junior or pyramid now, clubs not fielding a team next year. More will follow this week

Surely will benefit the ammie teams in the area then as the boys will all be wanting to play this season as some stage would imagine.

2 hours ago, Graham3179 said:

I’ve been accused of many things in the past, but that’s a new one!!

2 hours ago, Graham3179 said:

I’ve been accused of many things in the past, but that’s a new one!!

Hi Graham, If the season gets going again will there still be a Thistle Bar Trophy?

Good luck filling your team with junior players for a season to be left hanging when the wosfl finally gets going. Am sure your loyal amateur players would take a season off then come back once the juniors have left at the drop of a hat.

Shows junior players mentality if they're not willing to play without pay or expenses. Also highlights the problems at some amateur teams for all to see, that's if you didn't know about it already, if true of course[emoji102]. Dont like to hear of any teams struggling but if it's true then fairplay, been making a mockery of the amateur game in ayrshire for years and who would have thought it would take a pandemic to stop it!!

What's the most baffling thing about all this is 17 year olds can play and train but 18,19,21 and ammies can't... now who decided this? I find it very strange the government did and tbh what difference is allowing the Wosfl to start but not ammies? Neither are allowed fans at the moment so what's the fuckin difference? Let the boys play and give them something to look forward to every week

4 hours ago, Cheggers04 said:

Good luck filling your team with junior players for a season to be left hanging when the wosfl finally gets going. Am sure your loyal amateur players would take a season off then come back once the juniors have left at the drop of a hat.

Shows junior players mentality if they're not willing to play without pay or expenses. Also highlights the problems at some amateur teams for all to see, that's if you didn't know about it already, if true of courseemoji102.png. Dont like to hear of any teams struggling but if it's true then fairplay, been making a mockery of the amateur game in ayrshire for years and who would have thought it would take a pandemic to stop it!!

What's the most baffling thing about all this is 17 year olds can play and train but 18,19,21 and ammies can't... now who decided this? I find it very strange the government did and tbh what difference is allowing the Wosfl to start but not ammies? Neither are allowed fans at the moment so what's the fuckin difference? Let the boys play and give them something to look forward to every week

Spot on mate especially last paragraph, boys are desperate to play football dressing rooms or not. We played a game last week at Valefield in Kilbirnie got changed in a wide open carpark in the middle of a monsoon NOBODY complained. I like you are totally baffled🤷‍♂️

The question is.. would we be better sitting out the season and encouraging the SFA to make sure we restart in July/august next season, regardless of the situation?

Or do we keep hoping that we will get a clear run at it from start of november and not have a stop start season.

I know I'd rather start asap but I think a stop/start season would do more harm than good and would just piss people off and result in them wanting to pack it in.

All clubs have worked hard on their fitness for 8 weeks and most will now be back to square one come 25th oct. Takes a hell of a time to build the fitness, takes a fraction of that to lose it and good luck telling your guys to keep running 5k's on their own

Question is now...IF amateur fitba is stopped for much more than the 16 days than it is right now...will we be able to start & complete season 20/21??