Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

So do I, think he might go with 3 at back with Rooney/McNamara and Tanser wing backs. Although I'm  not sure if Danny is any good going forward, we may find out he is a star in the making. It's the attacking players who I have no clue about, quite a few options for attacking midfielders and forwards. 

Do you really think he might start McNamara ahead of Rooney?

Agree about the attacking options, but we've only got one that's even close to a classic penalty box striker.  If we lose Hendry or May, god forbid both, then it's Kane and/or one of the youngsters and relying on Davidson getting his head on crosses, which isn't much depth if we're playing with wing-backs. 

Keeping injury free is going to be so critical this year, for everyone. 

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

An absolute shagger Szamo’s my man. Scored twice against Dundee from left back the last time they attempted a season in the big league. 

And the first one was an absolute 'worldy'* as I believe the kids say, in about 2 mins as well. 

*pretty sure it was meant to be a cross, but still.

7 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Cannot wait for this, finally back 

any win don’t care, tough opening fixture though 

can see it being a 1-1 

Are people genuinely excited to watch the game on-line or is it just me who does not feel football is back until fans can go to games?

1 hour ago, Bose said:

I would be happy to let Hendry have a go when he is on the pitch. Not because I’ve seen him take penalties but he is always confident in front of goal and as you hinted at with May that’s a big thing. 

His free kicks, on the rare occasions he's taken them, have been superb. I expect he's a very handy penalty taker. 

7 minutes ago, Bose said:

Ah it’s been a few years since we’ve been patronised like this. In fact the last time I heard a Utd fan reference the 2009 Barca team it was in connection with their 2014 cup final team.

I refuse to believe that it's been years since someone patronised the Johnnies. There's surely examples earlier in this very thread.

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I refuse to believe that it's been years since someone patronised the Johnnies. There's surely examples earlier in this very thread.

Well Thistle fans claimed they’d rather get relegated than play like us, and they’ve done it twice now to really ram the point home.

22 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'd  go with Rooney, just on experience, but if Danny is as good as folk have said it'll be a tough choice tbh. I have faith in Callum to be able to spot a good full back.

22 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Agree about the attacking options, but we've only got one that's even close to a classic penalty box striker.  If we lose Hendry or May, god forbid both, then it's Kane and/or one of the youngsters and relying on Davidson getting his head on crosses, which isn't much depth if we're playing with wing-backs. 

It's imperative we stay as Injury free as possible this season. If it does happen to key players let's hope it's when the window is still open. 

28 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah but this was delivered with the 1980s sting that only Utd and maybe Aberdeen fans can manage.

Screenshot_20200730-120511_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f1286797443bf237da8249535fc7d5b4.jpg

Table from January 1st onwards.

A real test for United considering St Johnstone have only lost one regular (a right wing back) from the set up that played the majority of those 10 games.

44 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m absolutely buzzing for it to be back tbh. Obviously rather be going to games, but still, having the chance to watch the swashbuckling young Saints absolute pulverise all that gets in their way, starting with the noisy neighbours from up the Tay is filling me with delight. 

I'm sure I will get used to it as well. Just not quite the same as the day out and going to the game but I guess we have all got to make the most of it

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200730-120511_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f1286797443bf237da8249535fc7d5b4.jpg

Table from January 1st onwards.

A real test for United considering St Johnstone have only lost one regular (a right wing back) from the set up that played the majority of those 10 games.

And your best ever manager....replaced by a rookie. Which could go either way for you 

I reckon Tanto will be ahead of Kane in the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

And your best ever manager....replaced by a rookie. Which could go either way for you 

Our best ever manager took us to defeats against Forfar, and 9 games before a league win, last season.

Our resurgence in the second half of the season was as much down to getting competent CBs (Gordon/McCart) in, Ali McCann breaking through and Callum Hendry finally getting his chance to play regularly, as it was TW.

You never know how a new manager will do, but we were told after Coyle/McInnes/Lomas left that "the squad is awful and losing your manager and hiring a rookie will see you doomed", so I'm not 100% we're fucked.

Having seen Shaun Rooney tormented by the likes of Paul McMullan over the last couple of years I really thought he was clumsily lumbering towards part time football.

Intrigued to see what our new Manchester City wonderkid can do.

Having seen Shaun Rooney tormented by the likes of Paul McMullan over the last couple of years I really thought he was clumsily lumbering towards part time football.
Intrigued to see what our new Manchester City wonderkid can do.

He will be booted into touch in the first couple of minutes.
Welcome to Scotland Mr Wonderkid.