Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

If a hypothetical man was hypothetically subscribed to Saints TV, would he get access to the match on Saturday if he hypothetically used a VPN? Or would he have to pay additional money in order to access it? I assume that this man would prefer not to give Dundee United any of his money.

Speaking purely hypothetically, because this could never actually happen, such a lawbreaker would require both the international subscription option (£12/mth) as well as the VPN. I think I overheard something like that in a pub once. 

As for who gets what money I've no idea. I suspect that as there's no advertising on the Stream Digital platform there's some sort of profit share between the production company and the clubs when it comes to normal subscriptions but for PPV it might be split differently. Depending on how the deals are cut, the away team might even get more on a per-stream basis for UK games. Maybe the away team gets nothing at all.

15 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Speaking purely hypothetically, because this could never actually happen, such a lawbreaker would require both the international subscription option (£12/mth) as well as the VPN. I think I overheard something like that in a pub once. 

As for who gets what money I've no idea. I suspect that as there's no advertising on the Stream Digital platform there's some sort of profit share between the production company and the clubs when it comes to normal subscriptions but for PPV it might be split differently. Depending on how the deals are cut, the away team might even get more on a per-stream basis for UK games. Maybe the away team gets nothing at all.

You could stream away games in the UK via a VPN, with a UK subscription, last season. 

I'm not sure why this is hush hush, VPN use is not illegal, its actually more legal than using a streaming site.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You could stream away games in the UK via a VPN, with a UK subscription, last season. 

I'm not sure why this is hush hush, VPN use is not illegal, its actually more legal than using a streaming site.

Eh? That's very odd.  would think that this is a glitch, and maybe why it became audio only later in the season. 

As far as I know international sub gets you live video of all games (excluding the non-platform teams, for which you get audio only). UK sub gets you audio. All subs get you the archive. That's my understanding at any rate. If UK sub + VPN gets you the same as international sub then there's no difference in the international and UK product. 

Not a criminal offence to use a VPN to spoof your IP, but it is against the terms of the service that Saints TV are providing. 

https://tv.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/page/terms

"The use of a virtual private network (VPN) to change your IP location in order to allow live streaming in the UK & Ireland is strictly prohibited."

EDIT:

I was wrong about UK subs getting home games. Still, any live video with a UK subscription seems like an error. I found this from when it was launched. What happened to the content on the women's team I wonder.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-tv-launch

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

I can confirm that a good friend of mine was able to access live video streams of almost all matches via the UK subscription with a VPN. With the cost of the VPN in addition to the UK subscription, it worked out at around the same price as an overseas subscription. Indeed, my good friend didn't seem to have any issues with it becoming 'audio only' apart from the weeks towards the end of the season where there were more and more 'technical issues', but those issues applied to everyone.

26 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I can confirm that a good friend of mine was able to access live video streams of almost all matches via the UK subscription with a VPN. With the cost of the VPN in addition to the UK subscription, it worked out at around the same price as an overseas subscription. Indeed, my good friend didn't seem to have any issues with it becoming 'audio only' apart from the weeks towards the end of the season where there were more and more 'technical issues', but those issues applied to everyone.

Perhaps your friend can report back next week as to whether this is still the case? 

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Perhaps your friend can report back next week as to whether this is still the case? 

He will certainly do this, because he is very helpful and handsome. The 'handsome' thing maybe isn't so relevant, but I just felt that it needed to be said.

That is, hypothetically, if there is a reciprocal agreement from United that it will be broadcast on saints TV. Last season if the club's were with the same company then this was the case. Now moving to PPV I suspect the only place this will be shown 'oficially' is through the hosting clubs channel

11 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

He will certainly do this, because he is very helpful and handsome. The 'handsome' thing maybe isn't so relevant, but I just felt that it needed to be said.

You need to wear your glasses more.

Or stay of the crack, London will swallow you up and spit you out pal.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Just had a peak at the Fun's fixture list. 😮

I see this being our only derby fixture for the foreseeable future, assuming St Johnstone can continue scrambling to safety each season.

We not counting the Sheep as a "derby" then?

As Tommy Wright has recently stated, Dundee United are a one-man team. What Tommy neglected to mention is the indisputable fact that this 'one man' has already been outed as a complete flop at the top level of Scottish football. In short, Dundee United will probably get relegated in a month's time when the second wave begins and the season is called early.

21 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Clark

Kerr  Gordon  McCart

Rooney  McCann  Davidson Tanser 

Conway  Hendry  May

1 - 3 (Clark OG), (May, Tanser, Hendry)

If all are fit, that would be my line-up. But I'd replace Conway with Jason O'Halloran who has impressed the manager during pre-season (according to the BBC).

Edited by The Real Saints

Just now, The Real Saints said:

If all are fit, that would be my line-up. But I'd replace Conway with Jason O'Halloran who has impressed the manager during pre-season.

Yes I though that JOH might well start instead of Conway given the positive comments about him in the press but I'd think Conway more likely assuming he's signed as I expect he'll be a bit more versatile if there's a need to drop behind the front two. Would think that JOH will make an appearance though, as will at least one of the loanees, probably both if we get 5 subs (not been keeping up with that tbh).

Having Wotherspoon, O'Halloran and Craig on the bench is a good position to be in and with Booth there we've got shape options too. It would be good to have a Booth equivalent on the other side that can do the sitting RB role in a back 4 but the fact that the team doesn't (quite) pick itself is a good sign. 

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Yes I though that JOH might well start instead of Conway given the positive comments about him in the press but I'd think Conway more likely assuming he's signed as I expect he'll be a bit more versatile if there's a need to drop behind the front two. Would think that JOH will make an appearance though, as will at least one of the loanees, probably both if we get 5 subs (not been keeping up with that tbh).

Having Wotherspoon, O'Halloran and Craig on the bench is a good position to be in and with Booth there we've got shape options too. It would be good to have a Booth equivalent on the other side that can do the sitting RB role in a back 4 but the fact that the team doesn't (quite) pick itself is a good sign. 

The option you're thinking of there is Danny McNamara, we've got 2 right backs already.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

The option you're thinking of there is Danny McNamara, we've got 2 right backs already.

Fair shout, but I'm not counting Duffy (still thinking he might go out on loan) and we've never seen McNamara (interviews well though).  

From the very limited time I've seen Rooney he seems much more of a wing back?

The only player that we've seen enough of in a Saints shirt to make any judgement of is Duffy.