Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

Happy enough with a point given the circumstances. Not got much to add except to give a mention to Parish since no-one else seems to have. Had a couple of good and important saves at 1-0 and showed he is a decent enough option as backup.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Having watched the highlights, I reckon that United team will struggle. They lack quality in all areas of the park and probably need a good few players to give themselves a good chance of staying out of the bottom 2. Guys like Connolly, Robson and Clark are ok Championship players but nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

Was that the 4 minute highlights mate yeah?

19 hours ago, Hendo said:

Having watched the highlights, I reckon that United team will struggle. They lack quality in all areas of the park and probably need a good few players to give themselves a good chance of staying out of the bottom 2. Guys like Connolly, Robson and Clark are ok Championship players but nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

It's their first game back in the top flight, their first under a new manager and they'll likely add 3-4 more first team players. Judge them after the first round of fixtures maybe but not after one game.

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I assumed this was viewer based rather than the BBC sports “journalists”.

I am guessing but a) hardly anyone voted (not surprising as it closes 30 minutes after the game) b) most were given an average score of 5 with some 4's and the odd 6 scattered around. A small handful of fans scoring like that would produce those kind of averages. The Hibs scores look more realistic, ranging from 5 to just under 8, implying at least a few more voted and gave decent scores.

1 hour ago, Johnstoun said:

It's their first game back in the top flight, their first under a new manager and they'll likely add 3-4 more first team players. Judge them after the first round of fixtures maybe but not after one game.

There's no point in applying sense to the argument, we're as good as relegated.

If we cant beat a well established premiership side in our first game back after 4 years, with very little recruitment from last season then, as the great Mixu said, what's the fucking point?

Just relegate us now.

14 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If we cant beat a well established premiership side in our first game back after 4 years, with very little recruitment from last season then, as the great Mixu said, what's the fucking point?

Just relegate us now.

We should have listened to Ann Budge. She knew.

5 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Just relegate us now.

That was my point, you need to recruit. I think your manager knows that.

On 02/08/2020 at 22:21, Hendo said:

Having watched the whole game, I thought that we were excellent in the first half, and should have even further ahead. Even the highlights you watched you must have seen it pretty much going only one way when it was 11 v 11.

Had Shankland looked up and rolled the ball across for a tap in for 2-0, rather than trying to take the shot on himself, early in the first half, we would have won the game. I am loathe to criticise Shankland, but hopefully he will have been picked up on this, and will learn from it. Saints went up the park and scored not long after, and we struggled to deal with their intensity for a time. Fair play to Saints, they really had us under the cosh for a bit, and looked like they had the 11 on the park.

All in all, I was really pleased with how we played, and was gutted that we didn’t get all 3 points, given the position at half time. I would have taken a point at kick off, so ok to stick with that.

Everyone knows we need to strengthen, and I believe that we are in the process of doing just that.

(Also I thought Robson was our best player on Saturday, and tied the Saints RB inside out on a number of  occasions. - Even the highlights showed that.).

8 hours ago, MacArab said:

Having watched the whole game, I thought that we were excellent in the first half, and should have even further ahead. Even the highlights you watched you must have seen it pretty much going only one way when it was 11 v 11.

Had Shankland looked up and rolled the ball across for a tap in for 2-0, rather than trying to take the shot on himself, early in the first half, we would have won the game. I am loathe to criticise Shankland, but hopefully he will have been picked up on this, and will learn from it. Saints went up the park and scored not long after, and we struggled to deal with their intensity for a time. Fair play to Saints, they really had us under the cosh for a bit, and looked like they had the 11 on the park.

All in all, I was really pleased with how we played, and was gutted that we didn’t get all 3 points, given the position at half time. I would have taken a point at kick off, so ok to stick with that.

Everyone knows we need to strengthen, and I believe that we are in the process of doing just that.

(Also I thought Robson was our best player on Saturday, and tied the Saints RB inside out on a number of  occasions. - Even the highlights showed that.).

Robson definitely our best player which made the “poll” on the BBC website even more bizarre.  Robson was more adept in the wingback role than Smith.