Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

"Average player position"

20200801_200306.jpg.8d0d45e04b0495806b293b9395918b20.jpg

Can see the set up, but also the issues it causes.

Hendry ended up too deep to cause problems, the centre of the park was too open.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id have thought seeing an ageing St Johnstone midfielder score a left footed screamer as United chuck away a lead against 10 men would've reminded you of McNamara, yet here we are.

A screamer is fine - that I can handle. Even one set up by a total haddy of a defender.

Its being a horrible, arrogant wee c**t that wastes a golden generation of players that gets me ever so slightly triggered.

Anyway. After months and months, what a shit game of football to kick things off with. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch

A draw was probably about right however I'm sure Callum  Davidson will be the happier of the two managers. 

Pretty clear to see that formation wasn't working and I'm hoping the manager was waiting to get them in at half time to make a change. Pretty disappointed he didn't stick with May and Hendry up top to begin with too. 

United remind me of Hearts... All fart and nae shite. 

Sounds as though it was only me that had the issue of the picture constantly freezing and buffering.  Never had that issue with saintstv.  Ruined what was otherwise a shite match.  And gaelic commentary as well.  To be fair to United commentator when he eventually turned up for the last 28 minutes or so, I thought he was good for an opposition club commentator, fairly balanced and calm and certainly didn't spoil the match like many do.

That backpass question by Dillon though. I mean ffs, seriously?  

Back to Saints tv and a vpn at £12 a month for me though I think.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of minor or serious  issue with every single streamed match this season in Scotland, including ours.  Our clubs are more like charities we throw money at than professionally run businesses!

Don't need £12, just the UK option then switch the vpn on before you login.

Sounds as though it was only me that had the issue of the picture constantly freezing and buffering.  Never had that issue with saintstv.  Ruined what was otherwise a shite match.  And gaelic commentary as well.  To be fair to United commentator when he eventually turned up for the last 28 minutes or so, I thought he was good for an opposition club commentator, fairly balanced and calm and certainly didn't spoil the match like many do.

Back to Saints tv and a vpn at £12 a month for me though I think.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of minor or serious  issue with every single streamed match this season in Scotland, including ours.  Our clubs are more like charities we throw money at than professionally run businesses!

Cheer up you miserable c**t.

If you're a saints fan, depends if you are a pessimist or optimist what you take from that.

Looked a bit of a mess the first 20 minutes and the players didn't look comfortable in the new formation. Front three, one Wotherspoon shot apart, didn't threaten at all. Middle two looked overrun and United seemed to have runners getting beyond them constantly. Two full backs weren't adding enough going forward. Against better opposition, think the game would have been over half an hour in tbh.

First 20 minutes of the second half was the complete opposite. Kept the ball much better (69% of the ball the second half according to sportscene) and having Wotherspoon more central seemed to allow us to press better in the middle and control the ball more. Lost the ascendancy later on, partly because of being a man down but more due a lack of options on the bench IMO. Another central midfielder is a must. Deserved point overall though

Think United will struggle particularly if they pick up a couple of injuries. Harkes and Shankland apart, looked pretty average.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

A better point for Sainties, away from home. These 4 matches will probably decide automatic relegation so they’re vitally important.

I think that there will only be three matches between these sides this season.

Disappointing not to get all 3 points after the way we started, and especially after the red card, but I thought we were not too bad there. As much as we like to laugh about the fermers being hammer throwers, etc, they are a good, solid Premiership team, and if you had offered me a point before the game, I'd probably have taken it.

Need to be a bit more creative in attack, and a bit less creative in defence, and we'll be fine.

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Have WhoScored been doing that for a while or is this an addition for the new season?

Believe this is their first season doing advanced stuff for the Scottish top flight.

21 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

As much as we like to laugh about the fermers being hammer throwers, etc, they are a good, solid Premiership team

Its also worth remembering we've not had a pre-season, and were playing a formation for the first time. 

Most clubs in the league wouldve more than punished us for that, especially when we went a man down. The first half was as much of a mess as last season when Celtic rinsed us 7-0.

You'll need Shankland to he scoring the easy chances he missed yesterday, as the others seem a bit reluctant to do anything with the ball without including him, which makes you easy to play against. This early seasom stage where sides are off the pace is when you should be trying to get a head of steam up.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Believe this is their first season doing advanced stuff for the Scottish top flight.

Its also worth remembering we've not had a pre-season, and were playing a formation for the first time. 

Most clubs in the league wouldve more than punished us for that, especially when we went a man down. The first half was as much of a mess as last season when Celtic rinsed us 7-0.

You'll need Shankland to he scoring the easy chances he missed yesterday, as the others seem a bit reluctant to do anything with the ball without including him, which makes you easy to play against. This early seasom stage where sides are off the pace is when you should be trying to get a head of steam up.

We were in the exact same position, and, like yourselves, also with a new manager.

Agree that we need to improve in the final third, but given we've not played in that division for quite a while, and were absolutely shite the last time we did, I'm happy enough to start with a point against your lot tbqhwy.

34 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Disappointing not to get all 3 points after the way we started, and especially after the red card, but I thought we were not too bad there. As much as we like to laugh about the fermers being hammer throwers, etc, they are a good, solid Premiership team, and if you had offered me a point before the game, I'd probably have taken it.

Need to be a bit more creative in attack, and a bit less creative in defence, and we'll be fine.

Tbf it was your fault we lost the goal, Mark.

You're a good poster but a rubbish defender! 

No offence.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Tbf it was your fault we lost the goal, Mark.

You're a good poster but a rubbish defender! 

No offence.

I'm pretty sure I'm on record on here several times stating that we signed the wrong Mark Connolly. I'd have smashed that over the Shed and halfway to Dens tbh.

Although I'd probably have started on the bench* due to current fitness levels.

*Bench may also have to be reinforced.