Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

Happy with the point there, definitely deserves and shows we will be fine again this year. McNamara had a very good second half and McCann was the best player on the pitch during that period.

United looked alright, Harkes probably their best player. Didn't see much of Shankland but he still looked dangerous, will definitely score goals this season.

I understood more of the Gaelic than I did Dillon...

I suspect if we score the same amount of goals as the opposition we will draw a lot of games this season.

If he wasn't already, hopefully Micky will now be looking for a central defender as a top priority.

We go again.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

United changed their shape so Saints responded. 

An away point is a valuable thing.

If St Johnstone sat any deeper in the final 15 minutes they'd have been back in Perth. With 5 subs available, could've went for it. Absolutely understandable why not though. Just frustrating for a neutral.

We change to a more conventional formation and bring on a wide player and look far more dangerous. I hope Mellon understands that.

Mind you if he doesn’t realise that we have better options than Pawlett then there’s maybe little hope.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If St Johnstone sat any deeper in the final 15 minutes they'd have been back in Perth. With 5 subs available, could've went for it. Absolutely understandable why not though. Just frustrating for a neutral.

We had no senior central midfielders or wingers on the bench at that stage. How exactly was he meant to "change it" without chucking the game?

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

^^^ failed geography. We were defending in the east of Tannadice.

Nice wee edit there Tam. FS. :lol:

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had no senior central midfielders or wingers on the bench at that stage. How exactly was he meant to "change it" without chucking the game?

That's Callum Davidson's problem.

Harkes had a decent game, Shankland should have buried his chance at 1-0 but at least looked fairly dangerous throughout so I'm confident he'll get goals. Bolton showed a few flashes when he came on. Defence is, as expected, absolute shite.

Sign a centre half please Dundee United Football Club.

Would have been disappointed with a draw prior to kick-off, but happy enough in the circumstances. Newly-promoted sides always up their game in the first match against the big boys. With the red card also being an obstacle to success, I was pleased with some aspects of the second half.

5 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Sounds like ohalloran getting sent off was the worst thing that could have happened to United.. Good point for the saints considering they were down to ten men for so long. 

No. Connolly was the worst thing that could have happened to United. Lest we forget he was responsible for the goal conceded last week too.

Shankland had some good chances early in the second half, but after the equaliser I don’t think he touched the ball again for 20mins.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We change to a more conventional formation and bring on a wide player and look far more dangerous. I hope Mellon understands that.

Mind you if he doesn’t realise that we have better options than Pawlett then there’s maybe little hope.

What are you gibbering about? Smith moved into Neilson’s spot.

And Pawlett played fairly well.