Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

Is this Saints team less likely to kick everything that moves now theyve got a new manager. We have multi million pound assets to protect
Yup, i hate when we have to play against a team of hammerthrowers but here we are

MOH has been a bit unlucky there to be fair. Although the first one these days could have been red.

Thought Robson's been looking decent, Harkes early on was looking good too. Too many aimless lumps and when we do have the ball we seem guilty of trying to be too fancy when we maybe needed to just keep calm and simple, although very pleased to be one up.

I would have had MOH off after 35 minutes. Thought we grew into it after an awful first 15 minutes but going to struggle to come back now.

Do United always do the coordinated scream whenever their players are tackled? Sounds like the entire bench and the two centre halves are constantly chasing the ref.

United looked good for the first part but have resorted to long balls and if we still had 11 I reckon we would have got something.

Weird game thus far, but then I cannae even remember the last time we’ve played 352.

Shankland has hardly touched the ball.

Harkes has been decent.

Our main line of attack appears to be Connolly/Reynolds pumping the ball up to Jamie Robson, which is hardly silky fitba, but hey ho!

Liam Smith on the other flank seems less keen to get forward, but I expect we’ll see Bolton at some point.

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

MOH has been a bit unlucky there to be fair. Although the first one these days could have been red.

Thought Robson's been looking decent, Harkes early on was looking good too. Too many aimless lumps and when we do have the ball we seem guilty of trying to be too fancy when we maybe needed to just keep calm and simple, although very pleased to be one up.

The problem is, do you want Reynolds and/or Connolly trying to pass the ball out from the back?

Agree about MOH, that had been coming and the sensible move would have been to remove him until the ref did.

We were shocking in the Utd half, did nothing. Disappointed Davidson didn’t see that and change it about. Far too open with that 3-4-3 and when you’re getting nothing going forwards you’re just giving the midfield away. I’d happily not see that formation again unless we’re playing a weaker team in a cup.

Drop Spoony into midfield for a 3-5-1. Other option is take a centre back off and bring on a midfielder or striker. May or Conway possibly to have a bit of intelligence and get us on the ball. Hendry is far better when he has someone to work with. 

Utd look solid, they should be fine this season. Possibly their 4 pre-season games to out 2 has made them far sharper and working together better.

The picture is good on my stream but it’s regularly freezing and buffering. anyone else having this bother?

In terms of positives, I think it's been a much more entertaining match than Aberdeen v Rangers earlier, albeit a bit too frantic and frenetic. There are a couple of occasions when I thought, 'That was an alright bit of play'. Other than that, the quality has been dire. United have been marginally better than us. Far too many misplaced passes and punts. As someone else has mentioned, I don't think those wing-backs were the correct choices. United have done their usual play-acting to get one of our players sent off (a la Swanson v Anderson back in the day), but Mikey clearly lacks intelligence on the pitch and should have refrained from being quite so exuberant and giving the below-average referee a decision to make.

We've got nothing to lose, really, so let's get Tanto, May, Conway, Rooney and Tanser on the pitch. Just have a go.

This formation doesn’t suit Shankland, he’s getting no service.  Robson our best player so far and about the only player getting balls in.  Very composed penalty from Clark.

I’d like to see Bolton coming on and a more conventional formation.

Edited by Granny Danger

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

At least we know 2 games isn't enough of a pre season. I'd have changed shape after 15 minutes and so should've Callum,  use it as another pre season game because we all know we don't need to win any of the first 5 games.

Thank f**k.

Its genuinely ridiculous nothings been changed yet.

Both our midfield and attack are being completely over run because both are reliant on Wotherspoon helping them out. Hes virtually being told to play three positions at once.

Just take a CB off and add a winger, and go 4-4-1. Theres absolutely zero reason to have three at the back just now.