Live Aid

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Not just charitable donations but I believe he also volunteered at a soup kitchen IIRC. 

George Michael was a very nice man who as stated did a tremendous amount for charity without looking for plaudits unlike a Grade A c**t such as Geldolf.

^^^ Alan Partridge
(I should admit, however, that I have seen 3 of the above 4 live)
None of the above are my genre of music really, more of a Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden type of guy. Now that would've been some Live Aid.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Shhh - the big secret is him, Adele and SuBo closing the show with a Queen medley. 

If Subo and Lewis Capaldi are both on Geldof should be holding it  at Creamery Park Bathgate.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
13 minutes ago, trainspotter said:
^^^ Alan Partridge
(I should admit, however, that I have seen 3 of the above 4 live)

None of the above are my genre of music really, more of a Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden type of guy. Now that would've been some Live Aid.

Would have been funny AF if Ozzie had eaten a bat on stage which caused a global health  pandemic.

Don’t remember the day itself much other than watching the first few bands come on, watching on a tiny portable TV in a local bar. Looking back on the video clips and photos taken, it must have been some experience actually being there though.
In other news, Sir Bob, currently worth a reported $150m USD and Bono’s personal wealth an eye watering $700m USD(2020). ‘Well tonight thank god it’s them instead of you”.
U2 made some decent stuff early on and the Boomtown Rats did record a couple of No1’s but the amount of combined personal wealth amassed since 1985 is obscene given the context of the Live Aid movement and the preachy, moral crusades both are so fond of. The ancillary benefits of self promotion on offer ‘fighting poverty & hunger’ have certainly not been wasted by these two eh!?