Are teams struggling to recruit new players?

Kp91

Just wondering are clubs outside of the u20 development league struggling to recruit players? I've heard of a few teams who are in this position, I know one team that has only 11 players and another that has only 12, it seems that since the u20 league has came in to place that all the young players want to be in that league which leaves the other teams outside of that league really struggling to survive, just wondered what people's thoughts are about this and if anyone else is struggling to recruit at all? I can see a few teams going under at this rate as the teams at u20 level seem to have squads of 25+ at the minute 

1 hour ago, Kp91 said:

Just wondering are clubs outside of the u20 development league struggling to recruit players? I've heard of a few teams who are in this position, I know one team that has only 11 players and another that has only 12, it seems that since the u20 league has came in to place that all the young players want to be in that league which leaves the other teams outside of that league really struggling to survive, just wondered what people's thoughts are about this and if anyone else is struggling to recruit at all? I can see a few teams going under at this rate as the teams at u20 level seem to have squads of 25+ at the minute 

Surely they should be stepping up to amateur then? Unless an U20's team is affiliated to a junior/senior set up then there is no point clinging onto youth football when they have to change to amateur anyway eventually?  

It's a good point raised, I know a few clubs who haven't stepped up to the u20 level and they are all in dire straits now when it comes to trying to get new players in which is a shame as I've a feeling that some of these teams may not see the start of the season because of this but on the other hand the u20 development league teams seem to have huge squads right now and have signed alot of played a without even seeing them play very much like panic buying so what happens to the lads who don't make the grade in a few months time I've no idea but I've a feeling alot of them lads may walk away from football altogether which is a real shame if that happens 

2 hours ago, Kp91 said:

It's a good point raised, I know a few clubs who haven't stepped up to the u20 level and they are all in dire straits now when it comes to trying to get new players in which is a shame as I've a feeling that some of these teams may not see the start of the season because of this but on the other hand the u20 development league teams seem to have huge squads right now and have signed alot of played a without even seeing them play very much like panic buying so what happens to the lads who don't make the grade in a few months time I've no idea but I've a feeling alot of them lads may walk away from football altogether which is a real shame if that happens 

Wouldnt like to see lads walking away from the beautiful game during this crisis, but it could happen and I speak from working with 

Goalkeepers at every level of the game over quite a few years. Perhaps Francis at rossvale can address and give us more of an insight into

Into what might happen as he has also experienced the set ups at Clydebank and pollok.