The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

He did the same thing with Brexit.  He was very pro-EU (and very pro-EU immigration) for years including during the independence referendum and I recollect him quite clearly saying that he hoped his son would grow up in a "United States of Europe".  Then when it looks like Brexit might have a chance of winning, he switches and becomes an ardent Brexiteer.  He'd do the same with this.

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

He did the same thing with Brexit.  He was very pro-EU (and very pro-EU immigration) for years including during the independence referendum and I recollect him quite clearly saying that he hoped his son would grow up in a "United States of Europe".  Then when it looks like Brexit might have a chance of winning, he switches and becomes an ardent Brexiteer.  He'd do the same with this.

When did he switch? I remember him pushing the "working class revolt must be respected" line. On that and Ireland I sorta understand his position as it has some sort of internal consistency even if it's purely opportunistic and worked backwards from his conclusion.

ETA: the Ireland stuff being "an island shouldn't be divided!!!!" which yeah fair enough but also who cares it's not like Hispaniola, Ireland or Britain have to be united lest they perish. Haiti and the Dominican Republic's issues can't be put down to vile separatists on both sides lol.

Edited by NotThePars

45 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

ETA: the Ireland stuff being "an island shouldn't be divided!!!!" which yeah fair enough but also who cares it's not like Hispaniola, Ireland or Britain have to be united lest they perish. Haiti and the Dominican Republic's issues can't be put down to vile separatists on both sides lol.

The problem for the senile c**t (who gets far more attention than he deserves) is that he doesn’t frame his views on Ireland as being an island that must be united as one people, but explicitly the north as a minority repressed by the evils of UK membership. He expressly wishes to break up the existing UK to end that. Scotland, in his view, is also a lucky recipient of the glory of UK membership and he expressly wishes to stop the evil SNP from breaking the exiting UK up to end that.

Which bring me back to Galloway being a senile c**t who gets the attention he craves but doesn’t deserve. He will claim literally anything, no matter how contradictory (and the more offensive or outrageous the better), in order to try and get media attention.

29 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Scotland, in his view, is also a lucky recipient of the glory of UK membership and he expressly wishes to stop the evil SNP from breaking the exiting UK up to end that.

Only quoting this part cause I don't disagree at all with the rest but I definitely understand aspects of this bit. Scotland undoubtedly benefitted and gleefully participated in empire for a long time and I also get the unity of the British working classes stuff but also lol at thinking that a) Scotland's working classes were remotely represented or defended from the Thatcher years onwards (the Feeble Fifty etc) and b) that there's a hope in hell of progressive change in the UK after the way everyone across the spectrum ratfucked Corbyn. 

He is a pure grifter who's incoherent and completely and thankfully irrelevant to any leftist project anywhere.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I honestly believe the hat has turned him full c**t. He was always a c**t, but at times a likeable c**t. Then the hat came and he was selling his soul.

Please provide evidence of any one instance of likability.

George Galloway is a fucking self-serving cretin, always has been, and I'd be absolutely astounded if there was a single example otherwise, hat or not.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Only quoting this part cause I don't disagree at all with the rest but I definitely understand aspects of this bit. Scotland undoubtedly benefitted and gleefully participated in empire for a long time and I also get the unity of the British working classes stuff but also lol at thinking that a) Scotland's working classes were remotely represented or defended from the Thatcher years onwards (the Feeble Fifty etc) and b) that there's a hope in hell of progressive change in the UK after the way everyone across the spectrum ratfucked Corbyn

He is a pure grifter who's incoherent and completely and thankfully irrelevant to any leftist project anywhere.

Galloway doesn’t care about progressive change or Scotland’s working classes. He never has. He cares about George Galloway and his every public utterance and whichever position he adopts (which will shift daily, and seemingly at random) is designed to promote himself as a celebrity. If pretending to be an outspoken leftist will get him some public attention, he’ll do it. If blasting rope directly on to a Union Jack alongside a grinning Michael Gove would have people paying attention to him, he’ll do it. If dressing up as a cat and licking cream out of Rula Lenska’s hands will make headlines, he’ll do it. If stripping naked and humping a statue of Thatcher to the strains of “You Can Leave Your Hat On” would get people talking about him, he’d do it.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

You sometimes have to take a step back to remember just how weird George Galloway actually is. 

This, for example: 

Absolutely mental stuff. 

He tried to get space invaders banned 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

You sometimes have to take a step back to remember just how weird George Galloway actually is. 

This, for example: 

Absolutely mental stuff. 

Martyrs against the church against all that is holy ? Were they like the fighting branch of the atheists who got wiped out by the ninja priests?