The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

I’m looking for support from the P&B community.  When the next bye election is called can we collectively organise and fund a candidate under the name “The Real George Galloway Party”?  I reckon it could cause an aneurism.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That was a disgusting campaign where his supporters indulged in blatant antisemitism against Oona King.

Absolutely no need for it.

A recurring theme where he's concerned. 

He accused Naz Shah of lying about a forced marriage amongst other things last time he stood in Bradford. Thankfully he got thumped. 

He then produced the below  leaflet trashing his opponent (a Muslim) and making a pile of assertions about his religious observance. Unfortunately, he won. 

And then, the was the old 'Hail Hail' leaflet, where he tried to wage yet another sectarian campaign. Thankfully this failed. 

A disgusting, poisonous man. I'd like to hope that the window of opportunity for this man is just about permanently closed, but there are probably a few areas where his sectarian campaigning might just carry him over the line. 

galloway to bradford muslims 2.png

heilheil.jpg

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m looking for support from the P&B community.  When the next bye election is called can we collectively organise and fund a candidate under the name “The Real George Galloway Party”?  I reckon it could cause an aneurism.

I'm definitely up for it if the Electoral Commission allows it.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm definitely up for it if the Electoral Commission allows it.

If we convince someone to change their name by deed poll to Real George Galloway, I don't see what problem they could have. 

35 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Surely someone on here went to school with this guy? Tap him up and ask him if he's game!

Screenshot_20210702-162718_Chrome.jpg

Sadly not the George Galloway I went to school with.  :(

I knew someone who's late husband was heavily involved in the Dundee labour party back in the day. 

When GG was going through his cat phase it was mentioned that he used to show up at the house on party business.  I made a wee joke about it to be met with the stern reply..."Please do not mention that man's name in this house".  Talk about a conversation stopper. 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You're slightly older than me - I always got the impression when I was in the Labour Party that he was not particularly liked in Dundee.

Was that the case?

That’s putting it mildly.  He split opinion, the people who disliked him really disliked him.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The phrase "he split opinion" makes me think "Opinion was split on George. He didn't think he was a c*nt and everyone else did"

Two comments come to mind, I’m not sure either we’re original.

”God has delusions of grandeur, he thinks he’s George Galloway”.

Another was when he asked a now deceased Dundee Born MP, “Why do people take an instant dislike to me?”  Only to be told “It saves time”.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

That Workers Party of Britain is something else. Marxism, antisemitism, weird economic policies they won’t work.

He close with Corbyn right?

Don't forget "social conservatism" aka homo/transphobia.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

So any update on that legal action he was going to take to have the by-election result overturned?

He’s apparently making progress but he’s keeping the details of that under his hat.