The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

Made more sense in the arts and architecture worlds a couple of decades ago, I couldn't define it now though. 

My lecture on postmodernism at Dundee started and ended with Pulp Fiction. Swear the Scottish government should’ve funnelled my tuition fees to Discord and Twitter instead of that uni in hindsight.

• 1 month later...

The Gorgeous One has caused a stooshie in Dumfries.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5315

We can confirm that George Galloway did attend our game against Dundee at Palmerston yesterday.

He was socially distant within an area of the ground where he formed a bubble with his family.  All Covid protocols were followed at all times.

We would like to apologise to our supporters who have been upset by his attendance at the match.

Leader of the Workers Party of Britain speaking here..

“I live in D&G (Dumfries and Galloway). My family have FIVE season tickets.

“I’m about to be a sponsor. I’m spreading the word about the club to millions of people.

“Are you sure you want to speak in this way?”

On 13/07/2020 at 09:16, Ross. said:

Will he return as a Celtic fan or a Dundee United fan?

Well this went well...

The party is yet to be approved on the electoral commission website and he raised £10k to stand in the Hamilton by election that didn't happen, it all seems a bit odd to me.

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Well this went well...

The party is yet to be approved on the electoral commission website and he raised £10k to stand in the Hamilton by election that didn't happen, it all seems a bit odd to me.

I thought we were waiting for the House of Commons to decide what punishment Ferrier should have, if she's suspended for long enough there could be a recall vote. Unless she's got off, haven't heard anything.. I too would like to know what happened to the cash from his various crowdfunding ventures, 5 season tickets and an investment proposal maybe?

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I thought we were waiting for the House of Commons to decide what punishment Ferrier should have, if she's suspended for long enough there could be a recall vote. Unless she's got off, haven't heard anything.. I too would like to know what happened to the cash from his various crowdfunding ventures, 5 season tickets and an investment proposal maybe?

I don't think the House can fling you out unless you serve a custodial sentence of more than 1 year.

And seeing as the police are going to take no action against her then she will keep her job. As for the money it's just mad to raise it in the way he did because certain levels of funding would require full traceability if he started a party so he's either not started a party or potentially get a fine from the Electoral Commission

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't think the House can fling you out unless you serve a custodial sentence of more than 1 year.

And seeing as the police are going to take no action against her then she will keep her job. As for the money it's just mad to raise it in the way he did because certain levels of funding would require full traceability if he started a party so he's either not started a party or potentially get a fine from the Electoral Commission

Found a thing in the Herald from yesterday.

I BET Rutherglen and Hamilton West MP Margaret Ferrier had a cushy Christmas. She’s the parliamentary refusenik who has trousered more than £20,000 (plus expenses) since she flagrantly broke Covid rules and subsequently refused to resign. She has a well Brasso-ed neck, does Ferrier.

You’ll recall that on Saturday, September 26, she felt she was exhibiting Covid symptoms, took a test then travelled to Parliament on the Monday two days later. She had confirmation that she was positive that evening, but took the train back to Glasgow the next day. She had also been to the beach and a hairdresser over the weekend – she might even have performed the conga with other passengers up the corridors of the Avanti train for all I know.

On the Wednesday, she “coughed” (excuse the Covid reference) to the parliamentary authorities and on Thursday, October 1, she reported herself to Police Scotland.

If it were you or I our goose would be cooked (a Christmas nod) and we would already be paying the £10,000 fine in instalments. But since then a curious inaction. So, for three months, Ferrier has been collecting her taxpayer-paid wage and carrying on.

The police and Crown Office moratorium has meant that the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards has not been able to pass judgment, which would – and will – result, I’m sure, in a House of Commons suspension of at least 10 days.

That would then trigger a recall petition in the constituency and you can bet, indeed I will if Willie Hill will take it, that more than one-in-10 of the voters would sign it, which would force a by-election and she’d be out on her ear.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18971081.ron-mckays-diary-leonard-cohen-medical-appointment-louisa-jordan/

Edited by welshbairn

15 hours ago, 101 said:

Well this went well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sey4UMj74

15 hours ago, 101 said:

Well this went well...

Tory money and this is the excuse to start the "faraging" of george by the media 😉