The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

Just now, DanMc99 said:

he's the ultimate career politician. jumps from side to side desperately holding on to any sort of attention he can get.

The only difference being he doesn’t actually have a career as a politician anymore. He’s a career gobshite.

On 23/09/2020 at 13:08, Academically Deficient said:

I have a theory about this.

George is an extreme example of a type that was quite common when Scotland had a large industrial base.

Clever guy, articulate but didn't go to Uni for a variety of understandable reasons.

Gets a job in a factory. Doesn't like it. Becomes a union rep. This is much preferable. Next obvious step - Labour candidate.  He lacks what it takes to get to the top, but enjoys the spotlight, and ain't ever going back to the real world. So he becomes that most tedious modern phenomenon - a "personality". Even media outlets that hate your views will pay you if you can generate calls/clicks. All the mad shit he does, and the disproportionate amount of attention he gets (including from me) is a function of this.

Edit: we used to call them Corner Boys.

Was he ever a union rep?  Pretty sure he was enrolled at Uni at one point, but I don’t know for how long.

6 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

This is a guy who wants freedom/ independence for so many nations but not his own.

this is also a guy who seemed to be fascinated with Saddam Hussein. A strange individual.

Back in the day he was a huge fan of Irish unification.  Think his family might have had Irish Catholic roots though he didn’t attend a catholic school.

On 24/09/2020 at 09:54, DanMc99 said:

This is a guy who wants freedom/ independence for so many nations but not his own.

this is also a guy who seemed to be fascinated with Saddam Hussein. An strange indefatigable individual.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems he has announced he will stand against Ferrier in the Rutherglen and Hamilton West by election. I assume the SNP will have their own candidate up against both and will ensure the vast majority of Ferrier’s previous vote goes there. 

46 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Seems he has announced he will stand against Ferrier in the Rutherglen and Hamilton West by election. I assume the SNP will have their own candidate up against both and will ensure the vast majority of Ferrier’s previous vote goes there. 

She's got to lose a recall vote first and she might survive it if Gorgeous George is campaigning for it. 

He'll have precisely zero chance of winning that.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Which party is he going to stand for.....theres rumours that georgy boy has been punted from this mob 

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Which party is he going to stand for.....theres rumours that georgy boy has been punted from this mob 

Everything on Twitter suggests he is still involved there.

Been replaced as party leader by Jamie Blackett, but still allegedly standing for them, if it happens. Although GG is still also, according to twitter, the leader of The Workers Party of Britain.

8 hours ago, Ross. said:

I look forward to him saying he'd always had a soft spot for Accies or Glencairn (not  Cambuslang Rangers obviously) and that pie in a roll is the food of the Gods/Allah. 

Arsehole.