The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Heard him make a rip-roaring c**t of himself on BBC Scotland this morning. Standard.

"Hundreds of companies moved out of Scotland in 2014 with the uncertainty of Independence looming"

Name them......

"Oh thats just petty I am not going to name them"

You said there were hundreds name a few

"I cant name them....because.....em....because of confidentiality"

Bit of a para-phrase (it went on longer) but a great example of Galloway saying something and when questioned he simply cannot back it up.  I thought Laura McKeever did reasonably well but wish she had actually brought the "puppeteer" Martin Giesler into the conversation.  Galloway twice referred to him "pulling her strings" and "your wingman in the background"....claimed he did not know that Giesler was on the show and suspect he would not have appeared had he known in advance.

Early 2020 I was on a tube in London and found myself standing next to Galloway......I really wish I had wound him up

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Reckons if every Unionist votes Sarwar they'll oust Sturgeon. Might want to take a look at those vote shares from the previous elections Gorgeous.

I did that a few weeks ago and I don't think they don't get anywhere near her in numbers. 

He's made a claim he can't back up and just goes on a rant about padlocks, grass in industrial parks and brass plaques being taken down; but it was pretty silly gotcha questioning that they should have moved on from.

Fair play to George though, that's interviews on two different fairly big shows in the space of a few days where he can't help himself and just comes across to anyone not already voting for him as a sanctimonious gibberer with no grasp of detail and no powers of persuasion. Getting upset because an interviewer suggests you should maybe cost your manifesto by christ. 

I have no idea why anyone would waste their time listening to George Galloway.  He has absolutely nothing to say.

A man of absolutely no relevance desperately trying to worm his way back into the limelight.

19 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

He’s a good Queens man, now that he lives in rural Dumfriesshire.

When I said a good queens man, I mean he tweeted about them a couple of times. He then got invited to a game by our fuckwit chairman during lockdown, something he plastered all over social media, much to the anger of the fans and pretty much everyone.
This obviously got national media attention, which was clearly his plan all along, before he slithered off back into whatever hole he came from. By hole, I mean the large country house he now resides in just outside Dumfries.

That was until he started going to Hamilton games, if they get relegated expect to see him outside with a half and half scarf.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

There are 7 seats in every region, and on 2016 numbers 6% of the vote would have comfortably won a South seat. That total would have won a seat for a list only party in every region other that Mid & Fife (where the Greens took the last seat with 6.1%) and how split South is makes it more comfortable, not less.

The constituency seats went 4 SNP, 4 Tory & 1 Labour, meaning SNP & Tory list totals were divided by 5 and Labour by 2.

List totals - 

SNP - 120217 38.3% (24043)

Tory - 100753 32.1% (20150)

Lab - 56072 17.8% (28036)

Green - 14773 4.7%

Lib Dems - 11775 3.7%

UKIP - 6726 2.1%

That meant:

Seat 1 - Labour 28036

Seat 2 - SNP 24043

Seat 3 - Tory 20150

Seat 4 - SNP 20036

Seat 5 - Lab 18690

Seat 6 - SNP 17173

Seat 7 - Tory 16792

8th - SNP 15027 - need 14128 more votes for seat 7

9th - Green 14773 - need 2020 more votes for seat 7

10th - Tory 14393

11th - Lab 14018

Exactly 6% of the votes would have been 18,851, putting them in seat number 5 without being close to missing out.

For the record I don’t see them doing nearly as well as that but while constituencies could change hands and change the arithmetic, if anyone takes 6% in South there's no way they aren't winning a seat. Particularly when in A4U's case that would surely see a considerable drop in the Tory vote along with it.

The only trouble with this analysis is that George Galloway will get absolutely nowhere near 6% of the vote.

It will be a good night for this astroturfed joke of a party if they get 1.5%. A very good night.

The idea that the good people of Dumfries & Galloway will lend their support / second vote to a shonky chicken-wire mash up of George Galloway's ego and the UK North Korea fan club (this is effectively what the WPGB / Alliance 4 Unity is) is for the birds I'm afraid.

If you're a stolid Dumfries Tory who has just voted for them in the constituency and you work out that a blue vote is of little value on the list, and preserving the union and less market interference / business friendly policies are your bag, then you'll look to Labour or the Lib Dems. How the f**k is George Galloway going to help the individual voter with that agenda?

And, to be quite honest, if you're the type of right wing Tory / British Legion office holder, you won't be giving Galloway, with his pro-Soviet posturing, then pro-Saddam posturing, and historical support for Irish republicanism, the steam off your piss.

Galloway is a washed-up carpetbagger and charlatan fronting a farrago of loons in a doomed fight. Everyone knows this.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I'm an empty-headed Natter but this is class 👏

Having been at school with the guy and knowing well through my involvement with the Labour Party back in the day I never, ever thought I would see him express a sentiment like that about the royal family.

What an absolutely tragic tool.

55 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The only trouble with this analysis is that George Galloway will get absolutely nowhere near 6% of the vote.

It will be a good night for this astroturfed joke of a party if they get 1.5%. A very good night.

The idea that the good people of Dumfries & Galloway will lend their support / second vote to a shonky chicken-wire mash up of George Galloway's ego and the UK North Korea fan club (this is effectively what the WPGB / Alliance 4 Unity is) is for the birds I'm afraid.

If you're a stolid Dumfries Tory who has just voted for them in the constituency and you work out that a blue vote is of little value on the list, and preserving the union and less market interference / business friendly policies are your bag, then you'll look to Labour or the Lib Dems. How the f**k is George Galloway going to help the individual voter with that agenda?

And, to be quite honest, if you're the type of right wing Tory / British Legion office holder, you won't be giving Galloway, with his pro-Soviet posturing, then pro-Saddam posturing, and historical support for Irish republicanism, the steam off your piss.

Galloway is a washed-up carpetbagger and charlatan fronting a farrago of loons in a doomed fight. Everyone knows this.

I agree entirely, they'll be doing remarkably well if they even hit 3% never mind 6%. The topic being discussed was what would happen if they did get 6% though.

8 hours ago, sophia said:

If you have access to bbc sounds, may I point you towards that platform and Laura's winding up of the self styled hammer of the hats nats.

Approx 07:45

He made a complete fool of himself by twice accusing Martin Giesler of pulling her strings. It appears that we have yet another misogynist outing themselves with their own stupidity.

An absolutely amazing performance.

If it's possible for someone who was always such a tool to become totally discredited, he's managed it.

On 08/04/2021 at 15:34, MONKMAN said:

He’s a good Queens man, now that he lives in rural Dumfriesshire.
When I said a good queens man, I mean he tweeted about them a couple of times. He then got invited to a game by our fuckwit chairman during lockdown, something he plastered all over social media, much to the anger of the fans and pretty much everyone.
This obviously got national media attention, which was clearly his plan all along, before he slithered off back into whatever hole he came from. By hole, I mean the large country house he now resides in just outside Dumfries.

Where is it that he lives, out of interest?

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I have no idea why anyone would waste their time listening to George Galloway.  He has absolutely nothing to say.

A man of absolutely no relevance desperately trying to worm his way back into the limelight.

He used to be a politician with a bit of substance. I tuned into him mid-interview this morning and genuinely thought he was some spin-off of UKIP and thon pensioners' party that used to stand in elections. 

I heard it this morning before I started work . It was truly an amazing performance from gorgeous George, just when you think he can't get any more crazy , he proves you wrong, the interview gave me the best laugh I've had today. 

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Having been at school with the guy and knowing well through my involvement with the Labour Party back in the day I never, ever thought I would see him express a sentiment like that about the royal family.

What an absolutely tragic tool.

He's matured over the years, whereas you still have the mentality of a child...is probably how he'd respond, only far angrier and with more flowery vocabulary.

You don't suppose the daft auld b*****d has decided he's got a chance of slipping into the Lords, do you?

That interview was so embarrassing and cringe, can’t believe anyone is voting for this absolute rocket of a man. I know some are Union at all costs but there are other pro Union parties and George Galloway has clearly lost the plot. He’s totally in favour of freeing every country except Scotland who he seems to want to turn into an equivalent of Ireland with parts occupied by the UK and parts independent, something he’s against in Ireland [emoji848] . Guy seems to change his principles more than his socks, standing beside the Tories he claims to hate and what the hell is it with his sudden affinity for hats?