The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

5 minutes ago, Smokie_D said:

He's a tit...he used to support independence...now the Union..now advocating partitioning Scotland, all while supporting the Tories... something he said he'd rather be dead than do...not to mention supporting Russia over the poisoning of UK citizens and Russia blowing up European tourist planes...

How this anti-Semitic , russian propaganda, washed up idiot is given airtime or is attracting support is sad.

Everything he ever did was for the greater glory of Gorgeous George. He should just have stood as The Galloway Party because it would have fooled folk in Galloway while being an apt name. 

8 minutes ago, Smokie_D said:

He's a tit...he used to support independence...now the Union..now advocating partitioning Scotland, all while supporting the Tories... something he said he'd rather be dead than do...not to mention supporting Russia over the poisoning of UK citizens and Russia blowing up European tourist planes...

How this anti-Semitic , russian propaganda, washed up idiot is given airtime or is attracting support is sad.

He used to support Dundee Utd...then Celtic and no doubt Rangers now with his Union flag  hoisted high. 

Just now, Smokie_D said:

He's enjoying his new role, Galloway thought it was going to be a stroll...pretty embarrassing 😂

"You're no Paxman"

"You've steam coming out your ears"

I think someone needs to take George back to the home. It's time for his meds and a lovely hot cup of ovaltine. 

Genuinely think he’s mentally ill. I remember him absolutely tearing the senate to shreds when he appeared in front of them accused of doing oil deals with Iraq. Look at the nick of him now. 

He's now a man who opposes the partitioning of Ireland (so much so that he refers to Northern Ireland as 'the north of Ireland') but supports it for Scotland.  He advocated No last time but it wasn't from the place he's coming from now.  He was in favour of the unity of Britain and the unity of Europe and was very pro-freedom of movement.  He was a Scottish unionist but certainly not a British nationalist.  You can't say that now - he's quite literally walking around in red, white and blue and claiming he'll vote Tory as well as his gang of ex-Ukippers and in the H&I the nutter from the Scottish Christian Party.

The generally more sane Galloway couldn't get elected ten years ago.  There's about as much as chance of this George Galloway walking the halls of Holyrood in May as there is of him walking on Mars.

Edited by Highland Capital

He used to support Dundee Utd...then Celtic and no doubt Rangers now with his Union flag  hoisted high. 

He’s a good Queens man, now that he lives in rural Dumfriesshire.
When I said a good queens man, I mean he tweeted about them a couple of times. He then got invited to a game by our fuckwit chairman during lockdown, something he plastered all over social media, much to the anger of the fans and pretty much everyone.
This obviously got national media attention, which was clearly his plan all along, before he slithered off back into whatever hole he came from. By hole, I mean the large country house he now resides in just outside Dumfries.

Just now, Smokie_D said:

He was demanding a second referendum in 2017 after brexit was settled..then last night lying he said it🥴

It was IndyRef2 he was talking about in Talk Radio in 2017 .

He's now claiming that it was twisted and that his support for IndyRef2 was only in 2044.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/clip-pro-uk-campaigner-george-23860564

His latest wee tantrum at the "pro-SNP" BBC is tinfoilhattery at it's worst.

The man is a complete and utter charlatan.

36 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Do you actually know anyone in Dundee who likes him?

Most of my friends on the left can't stand him.

There’s a story (probably not true) about him asking a colleague “Why do people take an instant dislike to me?”  Only to be told “It saves time.”

21 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 08/04/2021 at 00:05, Terry_Tibbs said:
You don't get it. 6% in the South = one seat.

How many list seats are there in South, let's say there are 4. Please explain why Galloway gets 1 of them with 6% of vote..considering SNP are unlikely to get many of the constituency seats so will hoover up some lists as they are probably at least 20plus percent list in South Scotland. That's not to mention what labour and greens will get on list as they won't near winning a constituency. I would suggest galloway will need at least 15% on list in South Scotland to have any chance.

There are 7 seats in every region, and on 2016 numbers 6% of the vote would have comfortably won a South seat. That total would have won a seat for a list only party in every region other that Mid & Fife (where the Greens took the last seat with 6.1%) and how split South is makes it more comfortable, not less.

The constituency seats went 4 SNP, 4 Tory & 1 Labour, meaning SNP & Tory list totals were divided by 5 and Labour by 2.

List totals - 

SNP - 120217 38.3% (24043)

Tory - 100753 32.1% (20150)

Lab - 56072 17.8% (28036)

Green - 14773 4.7%

Lib Dems - 11775 3.7%

UKIP - 6726 2.1%

That meant:

Seat 1 - Labour 28036

Seat 2 - SNP 24043

Seat 3 - Tory 20150

Seat 4 - SNP 20036

Seat 5 - Lab 18690

Seat 6 - SNP 17173

Seat 7 - Tory 16792

8th - SNP 15027 - need 14128 more votes for seat 7

9th - Green 14773 - need 2020 more votes for seat 7

10th - Tory 14393

11th - Lab 14018

Exactly 6% of the votes would have been 18,851, putting them in seat number 5 without being close to missing out.

For the record I don’t see them doing nearly as well as that but while constituencies could change hands and change the arithmetic, if anyone takes 6% in South there's no way they aren't winning a seat. Particularly when in A4U's case that would surely see a considerable drop in the Tory vote along with it.

If you have access to bbc sounds, may I point you towards that platform and Laura's winding up of the self styled hammer of the hats nats.

Approx 07:45

He made a complete fool of himself by twice accusing Martin Giesler of pulling her strings. It appears that we have yet another misogynist outing themselves with their own stupidity.