The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

A lot going on here but look past him wearing a mic from Madonna circa 2002 and him wearing his auld da's coat, mainly focus on him standing on a box.

Has he tried to go full Jim Murphy but couldn’t find any Irn Bru crates?

Never go full Jim Murphy!!!

48 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Has he tried to go full Jim Murphy but couldn’t find any Irn Bru crates?

Never go full Jim Murphy!!!

I think he probably has clearly he didn't see how things worked out for Jim

On 06/04/2021 at 20:15, DMCs said:

7% in the polls in the South Scotland is terrible. That's the SNP's worst region and would surely mean less than 6% nationally resulting in 0 seats. That's a gift for the SNP if it means less Labour or Conservative list votes in South Scotland.

Not sure how you work that out. If he get 6/7% he's elected. They're just below the threshold in a couple of other constituencies. If the had the same coverage as the Greens they'd be looking at a few seats.

Edited by Terry_Tibbs

30 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Not sure how you work that out. If he get 6/7% he's elected. They're just below the threshold in a couple of other constituencies. If the had the same coverage as the Greens they'd be looking at a few seats.

Plus, if they had the same support as the snp they could be the government 

46 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

If it's 7% in the most unionist region it's highly unlikely to be 6% nationally.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Hopefully he gets f**k all, thats all the bigoted/racist arsehole deserves

I heard some of his manifesto today and he really is taking all those that want to associate with him for fools.

>50% of all eligible voters in favour of yesser parties or no indyref2 mandate

Regions are allowed to stay in the union following independence

I stopped there.

These are crank calls, he should be derided as such and ignored when he demands air time in grown up debates.

I write this full in the knowledge that I accept Willie Rennie is, at a certain level, acceptable as a hustings partner.

I heard some of his manifesto today and he really is taking all those that want to associate with him for fools.
>50% of all eligible voters in favour of yesser parties or no indyref2 mandate
Regions are allowed to stay in the union following independence
I stopped there.
These are crank calls, he should be derided as such and ignored when he demands air time in grown up debates.
I write this full in the knowledge that I accept Willie Rennie is, at a certain level, acceptable as a hustings partner.
I was actually offering my opinion on Tommy Robinson there..posted on wrong thread, but just found this very interesting article. Written by Sophia, bit of a coincidence??[emoji1787]

https://medium.com/@sophiabotha74/yes-george-galloway-you-are-being-a-racist-dick-43ed650602ce

3 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Suggesting BBC Scotland is in thrall to the SNP...jeezo, Galloway isn't doing himself any favours with that interview is he.

Good.

That's actually what a lot of the more extreme Unionists believe so probably plays well to his audience.

Still a horrible twat though.

I haven't yet seen anyone make this comparison, but Galloway seems to be trying to adopt the Trump method of getting elected. 

Completely disowns his previous viewpoints and party. Switches to his sworn enemy. Blames media for all of his issues.

Thankfully for Scotland, similar to Trump he isn't anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is and has an incredibly short fuse combined with a thin skin. He'll do well to get 0.05% of the vote. 

You don't get it. 6% in the South = one seat.
How many list seats are there in South, let's say there are 4. Please explain why Galloway gets 1 of them with 6% of vote..considering SNP are unlikely to get many of the constituency seats so will hoover up some lists as they are probably at least 20plus percent list in South Scotland. That's not to mention what labour and greens will get on list as they won't near winning a constituency. I would suggest galloway will need at least 15% on list in South Scotland to have any chance.

10 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

You don't get it. 6% in the South = one seat.

One Alliance for Unity seat at the expense of many unionist votes nationally essentially being wasted. That's a terrible outcome for Alliance for Unity's stated purpose but maybe their only real purpose is getting Galloway a new salary.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

That's actually what a lot of the more extreme Unionists believe so probably plays well to his audience.

Still a horrible twat though.

Aye that's true and a lot of the more extreme Indy supporters believe they're biased against them! As do Brexiteers... Remainers....Rangers fans.....celtc fans....Diddy team fans.... pretty much anyone I'm Britain that has an opinion on anything. My mate hates them because he says they're a paedo organisation..

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Just watched Galloway on The Nine from last night (I think) and all I can say is his pronunciation of Britain is really weird.  He literally says it as "Brit....Anne".

I like the way he says "Maalveenass".  I'm not sure some of his Unity Party colleagues would though...

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Just watched Galloway on The Nine from last night (I think) and all I can say is his pronunciation of Britain is really weird.  He literally says it as "Brit....Anne".

It’s an affectation.  No one born and brought up in Lochee speaks like that naturally.