The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

44 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Not sure using a slightly cringy phrase justifies racism but each to their own.

Ministers throwing about comments about ethnicity is misguided. If a Tory minister tweeted something about 'Anglo Saxon cousins' there quite rightly would be uproar. It's a century out of date. 

If you start throwing terms like 'Celtic' around it's going to open up the debate about who is a Celt and who isn't. 

A lot of the dog whistle SNP stuff like Sturgeon's insistence that her position and what 'Scotland' wants are always aligned need to start being critiqued. 

Edited by Detournement

Just had a look on Twitter there. Big mistake. Some of the dog-whistle dreck being directed at Yousaf by the sort of people who claim to hate nationalism but have union flags plastered all over their profiles is grim as f**k. Unionist Twitter really is an absolute cesspit.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Bold posting from a guy who made a series of ludicrous allegations on the Salmond thread which had to be deleted 😂

Freedom For Tooting, vote Alliance for Unity. 

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Humza brought up the "Celtic cousins" pish to begin with. 

Fair play that you've added "blaming the victim for attracting dogwhistle racism" to "using pedantry to claim you didn't call a charity liars" in what has been a vintage 24 hours for yourself.

Ministers throwing about comments about ethnicity is misguided. If a Tory minister tweeted something about 'Anglo Saxon cousins' there quite rightly would be uproar. It's a century out of date. 
If you start throwing terms like 'Celtic' around it's going to open up the debate about who is a Celt and who isn't. 
A lot of the dog whistle SNP stuff like Sturgeon's insistence that her position and what 'Scotland' wants are always aligned need to start being critiqued. 

main-qimg-84297b435256b485c356ca0a947453f3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Fair play that you've added "blaming the victim for attracting dogwhistle racism" to "using pedantry to claim you didn't call a charity liars" in what has been a vintage 24 hours for yourself.

I don't even know if "you can't ever be as Scottish as me because you aren't a Celt" is even dogwhistle racism to be honest. Is full out and proud white supremacy shit.

Always a danger with these racial types. It's not enough that you're born in Scotland, raised in Scotland, received a Scottish education and are now a minister in a Scottish government....the question these types go back to is ancestry. Where was your granny born? And her granny? As if that matters.

"Not a Celt like me" - might as well say "not white like me"

40 minutes ago, GAD said:

I don't even know if "you can't ever be as Scottish as me because you aren't a Celt" is even dogwhistle racism to be honest. Is full out and proud white supremacy shit.

Aye it's more like a foghorn than a dogwhistle.