The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

45 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Martyrs against the church against all that is holy ? Were they like the fighting branch of the atheists who got wiped out by the ninja priests?

Yes, I can't figure out which side these martyrs are on either. So don't know whether to be affronted or delighted, tbqh.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Please provide evidence of any one instance of likability.

George Galloway is a fucking self-serving cretin, always has been, and I'd be absolutely astounded if there was a single example otherwise, hat or not.

Pretty likeable here tbh.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pretty likeable here tbh.

A wonderful, wonderful piece of political theatre which Galloway deserves credit for.

His prior, and subsequent actions however totally overshadow that particular event.

I also recall having admiration for his championing the cause of the Palestinian people; it’s unfortunate that his actions and vastly inflated ego also detracted from any influence he may have had in promoting that issue.

31 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Prediction - Galloway has a head's gone when he's not included in the TV debates and his Unity Extravaganza Party get nowhere in the election which he claims on a media bias.

blames?

I see Galloway wants all Scots in the UK eligible to vote in Indyref2. I’m not sure how that’d work though - how do you define what a Scottish person is? Seems like a total minefield.
That's fine as long as the 800k or so English expats that stay in Scotland are barred from voting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Pie and Bovril mobile app

2 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

That's fine as long as the 800k or so English expats that stay in Scotland are barred from voting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Exactly. Ex-pats can vote in US elections etc because voting in US  elections is tied to citizenship. There are no citizens of Scotland. So you either make a decision that it's based on residency or something else. I think residency is the fairest, most logical way to do it and as you mention, if unionists want to go all blood and soil, it'll probably have the effect of boosting pro-independence numbers anyway.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The BBC will be desparate to put him on any TV debates.

I'm  sure they would but the Fedora North Britain Astroturf Party won't field enough candidates. 

I'm pretty sure that lunatics such as Otto Inglis would jump at the chance given that UKIP's mission of economic suicide has been successfully assimilated by the Tories, leaving them redundant.

15 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Exactly. Ex-pats can vote in US elections etc because voting in US  elections is tied to citizenship. There are no citizens of Scotland. So you either make a decision that it's based on residency or something else. I think residency is the fairest, most logical way to do it and as you mention, if unionists want to go all blood and soil, it'll probably have the effect of boosting pro-independence numbers anyway.

Americans also have that no taxation without representation principle, so whereas expats are taxed they also get a vote. Boris gave up his US citizenship recently when they tried to tax him a bundle when he sold a house in London. Shame the principle doesn't apply to tax paying non citizens at home.

16 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Yeah, tbh I reckon the more we deviate from the most recent indyref t's and c's the more sketchy it gets. Keeping the wording of the question and the franchise as similar as possible to 2014 (a nigh on carbon copy of the Edinburgh Agreement too, with different signatories) simplifies it to an extent as a pure comparison with Yes vs. No from 2014 to the result of any prospective future indyref.

edit: all of which is of course dependant on Westminster not being intransigent to Jockistan, lol

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I see one of his candidates, Jean Mathieson, has been outed as a far right, EDL supporting racist who liked, amongst other things, a tweet declaring George Floyd a “black lowlife piece of shit”.

When confronted with evidence of her extremism, she actually blamed the SNP. Apparently, because they haven’t been held to account on health and education to her exacting standards, she was forced to become a racist. 

During the period of time those tweets were sent, I was incredibly frustrated that the SNP were not being held to account for their disgraceful record on health, education and fiscal propriety."