The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

I see our very own(Scotlands, not P&B's...) Gorgeous George has started worrying that he was slipping into irrelevance and has decided the best way to get his name recirculating is to move home and form an Anti SNP party who, in his own words, will allow for a return to "Traditional Left/Right politics" in Scotland.

Will any of our P&B unionists be joining the arch anti establishment voice in his quest to restore the establishment to Scottish politics?

Will he return as a Celtic fan or a Dundee United fan?

Will anyone salute his indefatigability?

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Has it ever been explained why he wears a hat indoors now?

I'm going to say it's because he is a bit of a bell end, but that wouldn't explain why he didn't do it much earlier.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Looking forward to all those lost deposits.

Someone on his twitter says he should come back to Dundee and stand - to then be chased out like Churchill.

As a short term, one off thing I could see them winning a lot of seats simply because they are anti independence/SNP.

Quite how it works going forward I don't know. Labour would be providing both the final nail and the hammer to lock their coffin if they went for a coalition with the Tories. If this mob actually took a fair whack of seats, they'd last a single term and be replaced again after by pro independence MP's and MSP's, so it wouldn't really change the long term picture.

I went to view his Twitter, but it appears I've been blocked. I don't think I've ever mentioned him on Twitter. Quite strange.

He's been against aligning with Tories his whole life (Pictorial evidence suggests he loves the Farage) yet he's asking them to join forces with him? I'm sure he'll be successful in this.

Literally the only thing he has going for him is his debating skill level. He could argue that the sky is green and be able to make a lot of current MPs and MSPs on the SNP side look very silly.

Thankfully, he's an absolute joke figure and the damage he does will just ultimately be more to his own image. This is very similar to the time Jim Murphy decided to get on his soap box and debate around the country but with a more skilled orator with a much worse reputation.

19 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

As I said in another thread they'll win f**k all and Galloway himself won't break 100 votes.

If they stand in the Scottish elections they will pick up a few seats, thanks to PR and the list system.

The majority of people I have seen on Twitter offering support seem to be English or American, with a few of the usual anti SNP/anti Independence blogger types like Effie Deans thrown in.

7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

If they stand in the Scottish elections they will pick up a few seats, thanks to PR and the list system.

The majority of people I have seen on Twitter offering support seem to be English or American, with a few of the usual anti SNP/anti Independence blogger types like Effie Deans thrown in.

I don’t think they will.  Bear in mind that in 2016, UKIP got 2% of the list vote, and got f**k all. I can’t see George Galloways latest ego trip doing as well as that.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Will any of our P&B unionists be joining the arch anti establishment voice in his quest to restore the establishment to Scottish politics?

I will if there's a free fedora in it. I draw a line at feeding him milk though.

39 minutes ago, Ross. said:

You basically have to hit 5% to pick up list seats. There is zero chance they manage this. Same for the ISP lunatics on the other side.

They will attract RISE levels of support.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You basically have to hit 5% to pick up list seats. There is zero chance they manage this. Same for the ISP lunatics on the other side.

They will attract RISE levels of support.

It would be highly amusing if the 1'000'000 votes he is saying he will attract to the unity party fell a couple of 0's short.