WoSFL Premier Division thread

34 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

For anyone curious this is the current state of play oot east:

image.png.64a324fbb303f40b15ea374736fe5c90.png

South is still very early days:

image.png.4d8cee496c96807a63adbdcba1459550.png

Is any of the top 5 licensed clubs in the South? If South winners are unlicensed would it be East v West over 2 legs?!

It is all way too complicated to explain to the average supporter...should be 2 up / 2 down at least if not 3 up and 3 down.

On 26/12/2022 at 11:43, glensmad said:

Confirmed.

Cambuslang seem to be struggling for numbers this season but yet they let the big CH McCabe leave not long after joining? 

Going by the Beith highlights the first 11 was unrecognizable compared to when I've watched them this season. Can't help but think their fates already sealed this season.

Cambuslang were apparently missing some players on Saturday for whatever reasons. Despite being well beaten credit to them for not resorting to being overly physical and a few young looking players performed very well. Could a reason for all not being well be the return of the infamous former coach who appeared to be involved in things from behind the dugout?

49 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Cambuslang were apparently missing some players on Saturday for whatever reasons. Despite being well beaten credit to them for not resorting to being overly physical and a few young looking players performed very well. Could a reason for all not being well be the return of the infamous former coach who appeared to be involved in things from behind the dugout?

If you're referring to Paul McColl, he is co-manager with Billy Campbell and has been in that role since last season.

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Interesting, yet not massively surprising to see Tranent in 2nd in the LL.

Linlithgow are probably the last of the East teams capable of doing what Tranent (and Bo'ness to a lesser extent) have done. Jeanfield and Penicuik have potential to be promoted but don't have the type of support or backing as these teams. 

Although, even as a Penicuik boy, Jeanfield are by FAR the best footballing team in the East if you want to watch as a neutral. They have (or at least did have) a few of the Scotland Futsal team in their squad so they can burst into some really silky stuff at times! 

Apart from that, there's around 10 West teams that will go up and establish themselves before much changes in the east tbh

12 hours ago, andy25 said:

Is there any particular reason why Talbot haven't been allocated a midweek game in January having only played 9 league games while teams that that have played 12 & 13 games have?

Yes. 

Talbot have 3 home games on 3 consecutive Saturdays. 

It is January, so I think asking them to play 4 would be a bit much.

They have no away postponed games that were suitable. (Not the home teams circumstances that caused the postponement.)

20 hours ago, Eric's Cantina said:

What are the chances of being able to pay at the gate for Pollok - Hurlford on the 18th?

You'll be fine to pay at the gate. Wednesday night in January with Rangers on the telly and Celtic at home. No chance it will sell out.

On 03/01/2023 at 17:50, Spyro said:

Linlithgow are probably the last of the East teams capable of doing what Tranent (and Bo'ness to a lesser extent) have done. Jeanfield and Penicuik have potential to be promoted but don't have the type of support or backing as these teams...

Maybe Whitburn will be a factor two seasons from now but sounds about right. 

It's only a matter of time until there are former SPFL clubs in the EoS premier plus the likes of Syngenta, Whitburn, Bo'ness Athletic and Armadale who stayed junior to the bitter end so some balance between the strength of the east and west feeders will be restored eventually as the stronger west clubs start to progress to their natural level.

Hopefully pro-rel between tiers 5 and 6 will be opened up to speed things along once the likes of Dalbeattie, Edinburgh Uni and Gretna have been relegated. If Brechin City are promoted this season two of those clubs will be gone if Club 42 is relegated to the LL.

On 04/01/2023 at 11:18, Kennie said:

Yes. 

Talbot have 3 home games on 3 consecutive Saturdays. 

It is January, so I think asking them to play 4 would be a bit much.

They have no away postponed games that were suitable. (Not the home teams circumstances that caused the postponement.)

Have you not just contradicted yourself by scheduling Glenafton v Petershill for the 18th meaning Glenafton will have 4 home games in a row since 30th December, including 3 in 10 days?

46 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Have you not just contradicted yourself by scheduling Glenafton v Petershill for the 18th meaning Glenafton will have 4 home games in a row since 30th December, including 3 in 10 days?

I can see why your complaining but whatever the guy does, he will get lambasted, regarding scheduling, sometimes, something has to give.

I have been part of clubs where the scheduling, we believe was not right and looked at other clubs in similar positions and felt they were favored but he has to look at the whole picture, making fixtures up evenly, then having to change fixtures when everything comes into play from, Scottish Cup, South challenge cup, which are priorities, then league fixtures might be off due to pitches, or non 'all weather 'pitches, West cup, other cup ties, date not used because scheduled for the Scottish junior cup, unless two clubs are out or not participating so he can arrange a tie. Honestly looking at it from the outside, its an absolute headache.

Anyone who says they could do a better job right now are full of it.  One of the worst jobs you could get.
Yeah someone might make it better but it will take a while to understand and learn all that shit, rather them than me, that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I can see why your complaining but whatever the guy does, he will get lambasted, regarding scheduling, sometimes, something has to give.

I have been part of clubs where the scheduling, we believe was not right and looked at other clubs in similar positions and felt they were favored but he has to look at the whole picture, making fixtures up evenly, then having to change fixtures when everything comes into play from, Scottish Cup, South challenge cup, which are priorities, then league fixtures might be off due to pitches, or non 'all weather 'pitches, West cup, other cup ties, date not used because scheduled for the Scottish junior cup, unless two clubs are out or not participating so he can arrange a tie. Honestly looking at it from the outside, its an absolute headache.

Anyone who says they could do a better job right now are full of it.  One of the worst jobs you could get.
Yeah someone might make it better but it will take a while to understand and learn all that shit, rather them than me, that's for sure.

I'm not for a minute saying it's an easy job. Glenafton v Petershill was originally scheduled for 22nd April and was brought forward and was then postponed. There's no reason it couldn't revert back to that date as none of the cups are scheduled to be played then.

On 08/01/2023 at 15:31, peasy23 said:

I'm not for a minute saying it's an easy job. Glenafton v Petershill was originally scheduled for 22nd April and was brought forward and was then postponed. There's no reason it couldn't revert back to that date as none of the cups are scheduled to be played then.

To be honest, think everyone would and could have a gripe at least once a season and I have been one of those but we don't know the full details and reasons ties are scheduled as such but I'm sure like everyone of us, he will look back and think, 'aye, maybe it would have been better changing that fixture to that but I went with it and have to deal with the flac'.  We have to remember, he will be in contact with clubs to inform them of changes, or clubs requesting change for reasons so the clubs are usually informed. Not saying club will be happy but I'm sure they are informed anyway.  Any query we had we always had a reply, some not happy some happy in regards to clarity.
I don't know any evidence that he favours a particular team a season so I do expect that he wants it to run perfectly smooth as all of us would want but yeah, I'm sure there will be mistakes that he will realize in hindsight 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be honest, think everyone would and could have a gripe at least once a season and I have been one of those but we don't know the full details and reasons ties are scheduled as such but I'm sure like everyone of us, he will look back and think, 'aye, maybe it would have been better changing that fixture to that but I went with it and have to deal with the flac'.
I don't know any evidence that he favours a particular team a season so I do expect that he wants it to run perfectly smooth as all of us would want but yeah, I'm sure there will be mistakes that he will realize in hindsight 

I just find it bizarre that the reason he isn't giving the team who has played the least league games a fixture has been ignored for Glenafton, especially when we have played the most league games and the Glen's aren't far behind.