WoSFL Premier Division thread

On 30/05/2022 at 14:17, Glenconner said:

How did that 20 top teams and 38 game league work out for you all?

Need to get it all done and dusted by Easter 2022 for those playoffs.

Remember folks, we're all in it together, as was said a year ago.

😂😂😂

I don't know wits going on whose at the windup and who canny handle it, keyboard warriors  etc.. but

The 20 team league is, probably a one off in the WOSF Premier league which was decided upon due to a few factors/reasons etc.. but as a neutral I found it exciting and the relegation battle I thought was immense.
People forgot, or some did, or didn't even realize that Darvel's win or loss would affect a few teams positions, with Darvel's loss, Benburb were relegated from the premier league and I think it meant that Renfrew and Port Glasgow moved down divisions, (sure someone can clarify).

All I do know now is that the leagues will settle down so we will know what divisions teams are trying to win and are trying to stop being relegated from and that all the cups will fit in nicely to the season.  You now have a few teams in the WOSFL and EOSFL and some SOSFL teams entering the Main Scottish Cup and then everyone will have the South Challenge cup, The Main regional cups and any other cups they can fit in and if some are in the Scottish junior cup then kl. The Scottish junior cup, I'd say each season will see less and less teams re registering each year, especially as its not part of the Set ups of the teams in the pyramid system and teams within the system will want to concentrate more on the league and the cups within their respective associations, (that's only my view but hey I have been wrong before but then again right before)

We now have a system in place were ANY team can rise through the divisions if they want, just means they have to each get their house in order.  Many teams wont want too and that's fine but some day that attitude might change but at least the option is there if and when they do.  Even if the relegation and promotion is not the way we ALL want it, I'm hopeful that it will eventually change.  lets face it, teams in the Lowland league and to a certain extent in the SPFL2 know their time is limited.

The WOSFL and the EOSFL and suppose to a certain extent the SOSFL are all flourishing and expected to become more exciting as the seasons go on and I for one are looking forward to the future of our football and hopefully its growth

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
spelling

Except the season isn't yet finished and won't be until 11th June. Yes, for most clubs it is but not all. Some finished back in March (or even February).

The 38 game league, which is what he was actually talking about, is finished now, and it was rare for the West Junior league to finish before the end of May.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The 38 game league, which is what he was actually talking about, is finished now, and it was rare for the West Junior league to finish before the end of May.

It also had to be finished early to accommodate the Evening Times Cup.

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It also had to be finished early to accommodate the Evening Times Cup.

In the last completed season of the West Juniors (2018/19), the last fixture between Glenafton and Auchinleck Talbot took place on 7th June.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

In the last completed season of the West Juniors (2018/19), the last fixture between Glenafton and Auchinleck Talbot took place on 7th June.

The last season of the 12 team Superleague in 2017/18 had its final game on 12th June, plenty of games in June if you look at https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/west-region/results/

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

And the season started on 28th July.

How did that 20 top teams and 38 game league work out for you all?
Need to get it all done and dusted by Easter 2022 for those playoffs.
Remember folks, we're all in it together, as was said a year ago.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I thought it was a good 1st season in wosl by all. The 38 league games wis fine its the tom dick n harry cups thats fucked it. Take away 1 or 2 n people will start 2 care about the others

Mon the papers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Given these five teams are not playing in the South Challenge Cup on 20th August, will four of them be given a league fixture so they aren't sitting idle?

• Arthurlie
  • Auchinleck
  • Clydebank
  • Irvine Meadow
  • Kilwinning

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Given these five teams are not playing in the South Challenge Cup on 20th August, will four of them be given a league fixture so they aren't sitting idle?

• Arthurlie
  • Auchinleck
  • Clydebank
  • Irvine Meadow
  • Kilwinning

It would suit us to be idle that Saturday as we play the Vics on the Friday night for the Marymass game 

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

• Arthurlie
  • Auchinleck
  • Clydebank
  • Irvine Meadow
  • Kilwinning

Why would they if the fixtures are scheduled?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Two clubs can typically agree to rearrange and it would likely get the okay.

If Irvine Meadow sit out because of the Marymass. Some of the games left would clash with potential cup games and Clydebank v. Kilwinning is a NYE game.

• 19/11 Kilwinning Rangers v. Auchinleck Talbot (date for the SCC)
  • 26/11 Auchinleck Talbot v. Clydebank (date of the Scottish Cup)
  • 3/12 Arthurlie v. Auchinleck Talbot (date for the SJC)
  • 31/12 Clydebank v. Kilwinning Rangers (NYE)
  • 1/4 Auchinleck Talbot v. Kilwinning Rangers (date for the SCC)

Edited by FairWeatherFan

4 hours ago, Meadowman said:

It would suit us to be idle that Saturday as we play the Vics on the Friday night for the Marymass game 

Sensible, as Vics are also idle on that Saturday. 

35 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

To reduce the chance of a fixture backlog later in the season, once you factor in postponements from cup games, replays and the weather? If Talbot or Clydebank get to the Scottish 3rd round again, their game on 26th November would be postponed anyway. 

Edited by Ginaro

49 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

As much as a full fixture list is welcome, as a Talbot fan last season it was almost useless as there was so many changes.

I downloaded the fixture calendar to my ipad and for some reason it didn't update automatically so I had to constantly delete it and re-download it to get all the changes

Sitting idle on a a Saturday in August doen't make sense. It saves a midweek game later

Edited by Wile E Coyote

23 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Sensible, as Vics are also idle on that Saturday. 

To reduce the chance of a fixture backlog later in the season, once you factor in postponements from cup games, replays and the weather? If Talbot or Clydebank get to the Scottish 3rd round again, their game on 26th November would be postponed anyway. 

Aye I don’t get why there isn’t a couple of Wednesday games early in august , means If there is a bad winter they are Ahead of the game when the succesful clubs have the inevitable fixture pile up

8 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Aye I don’t get why there isn’t a couple of Wednesday games early in august , means If there is a bad winter they are Ahead of the game when the succesful clubs have the inevitable fixture pile up

Dont worry about backlog darvel will just pull out the cups again lol problem solved 

Mon the papers 

2 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Pollok prices up to £9, £160 for membership, and capacity capped at 900.
Any insight into why the crowd cap? Seems related to licensing but ground can clearly safely hold more.

All clubs should be charging the same, probably around £8,  to let clubs set their own prices could stop fans travelling to away grounds under the current cost of living crisis that is going on.