WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

So its fine for Talbot etc to scoop up all the Scottish Cup money but don’t really want to play the pros on a more regular basis? Can’t have it both ways, if you want the big Scottish then sadly promotion in to the seniors might come along eventually 

No one at Talbot has ever said that, in fact the opposite. Players are wanting to test themselves at the highest level possible, the same as the club. Andy25 and few burner accounts might have some against the grain opinions but they are their own 👍

Edited by Killiepiyo

No one at Talbot has ever said that, in fact the opposite. Players are wanting to test themselves at the highest level possible, the same as the club. Andy25 and few burner accounts might have some against the grain opinions but they are their own [emoji106]
Plenty of Talbot fans have no interest in seeing them in the Lowland league never mind League 2.

15 minutes ago, andy25 said:
34 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
No one at Talbot has ever said that, in fact the opposite. Players are wanting to test themselves at the highest level possible, the same as the club. Andy25 and few burner accounts might have some against the grain opinions but they are their own emoji106.png

Plenty of Talbot fans have no interest in seeing them in the Lowland league never mind League 2.

If the win the league and subsequently the playoff you go up, would these fans expect the team to just give up? 

£14 for League 2 🤢

The standard at the top of the West league is higher. Over time the also ran clubs that have clung on at Lowland League level and League 2 level will dwindle down. 10 ex Junior Clubs in League 2 or higher within 15 years? Certainly a possibility.

Play decent the first 45 and say right lads, andy25 doesn’t want to see us play in the division above so let’s just let a few chances go in and give them the prize… [emoji2957]
Your not the voice of the support even though you think you are.
I'll be delighted when Talbot win the League it's the prize at the that's not very appetising.
Their won't be many Talbot supporters at many away games in the Lowland league as their won't be many supporters buses due to the prices of buses and the increased travel .

If the win the league and subsequently the playoff you go up, would these fans expect the team to just give up? 
Of course not.
What's attractive about the Lowland league?
Half the League play on plastic pitches.
Colt teams made up teams most teams with no support to speak of .
WOS league vastly superior all round .
Talbot losing games against Cumnock Kilwinning Pollok Clydebank being replaced by games against Broomhill Gretna Edinburgh University.
Very attractive [emoji52]

9 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Your not the voice of the support even though you think you are.
I'll be delighted when Talbot win the League it's the prize at the that's not very appetising.
Their won't be many Talbot supporters at many away games in the Lowland league as their won't be many supporters buses due to the prices of buses and the increased travel .

It’s the usual guff from you m8 can’t hide your vile. It’s clear and stated my opinion is my own the only person claiming to speak for others is yourself, with your name, target and shame tactics on players. 

You’ve made that clear about moving up and what is the alternative? Chuck games? Your the one moaning week after if we’re not 5-0 up at half time. Dire first 45. If we win we go up, not win the players aren’t good enough, We need better recruiting etc etc 

It’s the usual guff from you m8 can’t hide your vile. It’s clear and stated my opinion is my own the only person claiming to speak for others is yourself, with your name, target and shame tactics on players. 
You’ve made that clear about moving up and what is the alternative? Chuck games? Your the one moaning week after if we’re not 5-0 up at half time. Dire first 45. If we win we go up, not win the players aren’t good enough, We need better recruiting etc etc 
I'm not a happy clapper like yourself.
I call it the way I see it. If its dire I'll say its dire. If players are repeatedly poor then they deserve criticism their getting well paid its not as if their playing for free.
I've been watching Talbot 45+ years not a johnny come lately like yourself.
I'll still attend as many games as I can if Talbot get promoted it just won't be as many as I'd like to.
And you don't know anything about me to call me vile [emoji846]

Just now, andy25 said:

I'm not a happy clapper like yourself.
 not a johnny come lately like yourself.

Some trees bend in the wind and survive the storm others resist, break and fall, no matter how long they’ve been standing.

You can have pops at me all day and it doesn’t change that if Talbot keep being Talbot, in the high exceptions you hold of them, they will move up to your annoyance.  If they lose and not win anything it will also be to your annoyance.

Can you see how that may not be a healthy way to continue? 

Of course not.
Talbot losing games against Cumnock Kilwinning Pollok Clydebank being replaced by games against Broomhill Gretna Edinburgh University.
Very attractive [emoji52]
I agree with Andy25 on this point , the Lowland league needs a major restructure

4 hours ago, andy25 said:

Of course not.
Very attractive emoji52.png

If you bother to follow the LL forum you'll know in the event of a HL team winning the play offs and replacing Cowdenbeath it's goodbye Gretna and VoL.

Edited by Glenconner

12 hours ago, andy25 said:

Of course not.
Very attractive emoji52.png

Some fair points there. Have to agree that, at this point at least, the West Premier is infinitely more attractive than the interior Lowland League. 

Paying more at the gate for less is a sacrifice that some supporters will have to pay for following ambitious clubs. 

Question is, what is the ultimate ambition for your club and is it a price that you are prepared to pay? Less attractive fixtures, smaller to non existent away supports, end of local rivalries, increased entrance charges and bus charges for further travel. As mentioned many times, it'll only right itself once the majority of the bigger clubs find themselves in the same league again. 

£14 at the moment for League Two football is certainly an eye opening indicator. More for less.