WoSFL Premier Division thread

3 hours ago, superpollok said:

Obsessed by Pollok. 

Dunno about obsessed because i mentioned pollok tapping up players and i also commented about pollok 20s because it concerned my club but i cant wait for the day the money man walks away fae pollok like he did medda and use r in the shite. 

Mon the papers 

9 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

What's the dates for the next round of the south challenge and junior cup (if we get through) as I see we are scheduled for 3home league games after Saturday

SCC is the weekend of April 2nd.

Junior Cup not sure there's a public set of dates as the plan is still to do two legged semis.

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Dunno about obsessed because i mentioned pollok tapping up players and i also commented about pollok 20s because it concerned my club but i cant wait for the day the money man walks away fae pollok like he did medda and use r in the shite. 

Mon the papers 

Money man? Pollok are completely self sufficient. A fan owned club that generates its own funds. There is no money man, I wish there was! 

I have no problem with players speaking to other teams at this time of the season, as long as they are out of contract. Every team at every  level does it. It’s more of a problem if they are under a longer term deal and it’s a deliberate attempt to unsettle a player. 

12 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

I have no problem with players speaking to other teams at this time of the season, as long as they are out of contract. Every team at every  level does it. It’s more of a problem if they are under a longer term deal and it’s a deliberate attempt to unsettle a player. 

The rules forbit it, whether they're in contract or not. SFA Article 80.1:

"Except as otherwise provided by these Articles, the Registration Procedures or such regulations as are issued by FIFA, in connection with the status and transfer of players, from time to time, a club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, Team Scout, player or other person, shall not directly or indirectly induce or attempt to induce a registered player of another club to leave for any purpose whatsoever the club for which he is so registered. Public statements by officials of their interest in registered players of other clubs or by players expressing interest in registered players of other clubs shall be regarded as attempts to induce within the meaning of this Article 80.1."

5 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

"Except as otherwise provided by these Articles, the Registration Procedures or such regulations as are issued by FIFA, in connection with the status and transfer of players, from time to time, a club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, Team Scout, player or other person, shall not directly or indirectly induce or attempt to induce a registered player of another club to leave for any purpose whatsoever the club for which he is so registered. Public statements by officials of their interest in registered players of other clubs or by players expressing interest in registered players of other clubs shall be regarded as attempts to induce within the meaning of this Article 80.1."

Interesting. The Darvel manager says Talbot and Pollok have been in contact with Syme too. 

38 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

Like pollok did with jordan shelvey and nicky little????

Mon the papers

25 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Thanks for that it’s an interesting read. Amazed more isn’t done by FAs around the world as it’s clear it happens at every level and on a regular basis.

8 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Like pollok did with jordan shelvey and nicky little????

Mon the papers

When you signed Little, Hepburn, Rowan and Byrne the summer after nobody from Clydebank said a word to these players until after the season was done? It happens, it’ll keep happening from Real and PSG to Pollok and Clydebank.

18 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

Thanks for that it’s an interesting read. Amazed more isn’t done by FAs around the world as it’s clear it happens at every level and on a regular basis.

Indeed. It seems to be a thoroughly pointless rule. If anyone is ever accused of it, he could point to dozens of cases where no action was taken.

1 hour ago, South_Pride said:

When you signed Little, Hepburn, Rowan and Byrne the summer after nobody from Clydebank said a word to these players until after the season was done? It happens, it’ll keep happening from Real and PSG to Pollok and Clydebank.

Good chance nicky told them how good a club we r but every player mentioned took a pay cut 2 come 2 us. Pollok just throw ££££ at other teams players. Mcinally was phoning nicky and bubba every week offering them new deals. Pollok used 2 be a club i always admired when we came into juniors but i cant say same these days. 

Mon the papers 

3 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers 

Not a clue about Pollok and how it’s ran. Anyway, at least this season your ‘big team’ Airdrie  might win something, that will be nice for you. 

9 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Not a clue about Pollok and how it’s ran. Anyway, at least this season your ‘big team’ Airdrie  might win something, that will be nice for you. 

Fu#k aird#ie and fu#k pollok. Heard most of ur 20s squad where all airdr#e rejects anyway as was some of ur coaches. Thatll be why use spat the dummy out when we pumped use 6-1 n basically won the league. 

Mon the papers