WoSFL Premier Division thread

On 22/02/2022 at 03:56, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Nah. What's far more laughable is his club has no pitch at all. Are currently playing on a tottie field and, when they do eventually get their own pitch, it will be on a plastic pitch as well.

I'm probably missing something but what's wrong with a plastic pitch ?

As far as i can see it means its all weather so more chance of games being on and most of all these teams in the league train on plastic pitches so I would expect all the players are used to plastic pitches and should be able to play good standard of football on plastic as well as grass

On 22/02/2022 at 21:22, superpollok said:

Absolutely agree. If Darvel have shelled out best part of £7k on a player then it’s their money to spend. 

Plenty of clubs over the years have paid wages for players way above this average for this grade.
As long as they can afford it by bringing it in through sponsorship, attendance etc then that’s their prerogative. 

Equally I do laugh that a Manager says a fans numbers are not true but on the other hand says he is aware of numbers from another club… pretty sure the guy you signed might be saying any number he wants to help his negotiating. 

I have seen evidence of the offer, I know it’s 100% factual that why I know the figures.

18 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

I have seen evidence of the offer, I know it’s 100% factual that why I know the figures.

Good to know.

However don’t be offended by me taking that with the same pinch of piri piri salt that I take with anyone who on here likes to claim they know about the inner workings of other clubs. 

37 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Good to know.

However don’t be offended by me taking that with the same pinch of piri piri salt that I take with anyone who on here likes to claim they know about the inner workings of other clubs. 

Defo not offended, especially if its my peri peri salt 

On 24/02/2022 at 02:27, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm probably missing something but what's wrong with a plastic pitch ?

As far as i can see it means its all weather so more chance of games being on and most of all these teams in the league train on plastic pitches so I would expect all the players are used to plastic pitches and should be able to play good standard of football on plastic as well as grass

Absolutely nothing wrong with a plastic pitch. Just pointing out the irony of a Queen's Park fan moaning about it

14 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with a plastic pitch. Just pointing out the irony of a Queen's Park fan moaning about it

He seems to comment on everything but the spiders… another fodder account id hazard a guess, he was on the Talbot thread having a pop at us other week there.

On 23/02/2022 at 09:39, jimbaxters said:

Great post this. There is always a debate about whether managers should be posting on a public forum. For me, it speaks volumes that only one does so on here. 

Why does Mick Kennedy get pelters on here for expressing his opinions, personally I think it’s great, wish more managers would do the same. You just need to pick up the daily papers to see managers from the very top of our game giving their opinions.

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Blantyre Victoria being off must be causing a major concern for Kennie Young. When I last looked at the results grid on Glencairn's website, Rob Roy had 10 home games left and Cumbernauld United had 8. (I think it was only midweek I looked so should be about right). There's only 11 Saturdays left until May 14th. It's going to be Evening Times Cup situation all over again trying to cram all the League games in first. Did I read they were doing away with ground sharing on grass pitches or was that just wishful thinking?

13 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Blantyre Victoria being off must be causing a major concern for Kennie Young. When I last looked at the results grid on Glencairn's website, Rob Roy had 10 home games left and Cumbernauld United had 8. (I think it was only midweek I looked so should be about right). There's only 11 Saturdays left until May 14th. It's going to be Evening Times Cup situation all over again trying to cram all the League games in first. Did I read they were doing away with ground sharing on grass pitches or was that just wishful thinking?

Its a situation that is a surprise to nobody with half a brain. A twenty team league should never have been allowed

39 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

KRR have 9 home on wikipedia (one of which is against Cumbernauld). I see they are using Benburb's pitch for a League Cup game on Monday. Wonder if they might use Kilsyth's ground (who don't have a home game until 9th April!), or even Broadwood.

14th May is the finishing date for crowning a champion, but EOS conference games, play-offs and cup finals are scheduled up to 5th June - so presumably the WOS could play games not involving the top clubs after the league has been decided.

Edited by Ginaro

Kennie confirmed on down the divisions podcast that no further ground sharing on grass parks for any teams only allowed on 4g pitches. Some other really interesting stuff on that latest episode from Kennie from around 52 mins onwards.

Kennie confirmed on down the divisions podcast that no further ground sharing on grass parks for any teams only allowed on 4g pitches. Some other really interesting stuff on that latest episode from Kennie from around 52 mins onwards.

The likes of Kirkintilloch and Cumbernauld allowed currently but I think he is obviously hoping that finishes soon.

24 minutes ago, Shannon said:
24 minutes ago, Shannon said:

The likes of Kirkintilloch and Cumbernauld allowed currently but I think he is obviously hoping that finishes soon.

I was going to ask about that - no further groundshares on grass.....so they could continue next season.

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

Drinking game, shot every time Kenny says ‘we can’t deny ambition’ 😂👍