WoSFL Premier Division thread

3 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

Your figures are out Andy.

what I will say is we paid a fee that matched an offer from another premier league club.

Lewis contributed an element of his signing on fee to make the deal happed.

Our wage offer was the same offer as the other premier league club, our signing on fee was less.

Who was the other club that use matched the bid at? Ma guess its either pollok or kilwinning. Cmon just tell us or people will thi k ur a billy bull s**t lol 

Mon the papers 

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Who was the other club that use matched the bid at? Ma guess its either pollok or kilwinning. Cmon just tell us or people will thi k ur a billy bull s**t lol 

Mon the papers 

I believe Buffs were interested, but not at the figures quoted on here. It'll be a couple of years yet before Buffs are able to compete with the bigger spenders. Off the park rightly taking priority for now. Living within our means a key component of the progress the club is making. 

Mick r u putting any money into darvel or u just managing them? Really i ask is ur chicken shops r doing no bad loads of good reviews. Ive never been. 

Mon the papers 

Black rooster piri piri is genuinely superb, my only complaint is that every time i eat there Darvel sign someone lol. 

Mick r u putting any money into darvel or u just managing them? Really i ask is ur chicken shops r doing no bad loads of good reviews. Ive never been. 

Mon the papers 

Hi mate, no I only manage the team. There is no need for me to put any money, I will only ever manage the. 

Mon the papers 

I don’t want him publicly discuss another teams business, but I wouldn’t say something on a public forum that I couldn’t back up. What I have said is the truth, there are several parties who would confirm it 

See the £200 a week thing, even if that is or isnt the figure, are fans of other clubs genuinely suggesting that this kind of money isnt being spent per week in loads of other clubs? I have spoken with a few players at spfl lower league level who’ve been offered silly money at clubs in the wosl which was more than they were getting in the spfl. 

16 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

Laughable bit is they are all wasting time , money and effort to join the laughing stock of a league in Scottish football,  full of plastic pitches,  university teams,  boys clubs , a good few non entity east and south teams and the bigot brothers B teams .

Whats more laughable is ur posts n that no 1 cares about what u post. 

Mon the papers

3 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

I don’t want him publicly discuss another teams business, but I wouldn’t say something on a public forum that I couldn’t back up. What I have said is the truth, there are several parties who would confirm it 

Why not get them to confirm it then? You're never off here "defending" yourself and claiming x,y or z isnt true. Back it up and the nonsense will stop. 

11 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Whats more laughable is ur posts n that no 1 cares about what u post. 

Mon the papers

Nah. What's far more laughable is his club has no pitch at all. Are currently playing on a tottie field and, when they do eventually get their own pitch, it will be on a plastic pitch as well.

On 21/02/2022 at 16:09, Mkennedy said:

Yeah the Buffs never offered that, must have been another club.

19 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Why do we care what money other teams are spending on players, they can do what they want

Absolutely agree. If Darvel have shelled out best part of £7k on a player then it’s their money to spend. 

Plenty of clubs over the years have paid wages for players way above this average for this grade.
As long as they can afford it by bringing it in through sponsorship, attendance etc then that’s their prerogative. 

Equally I do laugh that a Manager says a fans numbers are not true but on the other hand says he is aware of numbers from another club… pretty sure the guy you signed might be saying any number he wants to help his negotiating. 

12 hours ago, superpollok said:

Absolutely agree. If Darvel have shelled out best part of £7k on a player then it’s their money to spend. 

Plenty of clubs over the years have paid wages for players way above this average for this grade.
As long as they can afford it by bringing it in through sponsorship, attendance etc then that’s their prerogative. 

Equally I do laugh that a Manager says a fans numbers are not true but on the other hand says he is aware of numbers from another club… pretty sure the guy you signed might be saying any number he wants to help his negotiating. 

Great post this. There is always a debate about whether managers should be posting on a public forum. For me, it speaks volumes that only one does so on here. 

Looks Roby Roy might be on the verge of a return to Kirkintilloch. The new Kirkintilloch Community Sports Complex is due to open in September. However, there's no guarantee KRR will have a place there it seems.

https://www.glasgowworld.com/sport/football/rob-roy-boss-stewart-maxwell-says-future-of-144-year-old-club-is-at-stake-3577893?s=09

https://www.change.org/p/bring-kirkintilloch-rob-roy-home?redirect=false

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy boss Stewart Maxwell launches petition to bring club home
Rob Roy boss Stewart Maxwell has started a petition to bring the club back to Kirkintilloch and end its eight-year exile in Cumbernauld.
By Ian MacLean
Tuesday, 22nd February 2022, 4:00 pm

And the Rabs gaffer said the choice facing his beloved club was a stark one – either get back to Kirkintilloch or fold for good.

Maxwell says he has started the petition because he is fed up of the long-running saga surrounding the club’s move into the proposed new Kirkintilloch Community Sports Complex.

When the club sold its former Adamslie Park in 2014 the club had anticipated being given the option of a 25-year lease to operate the facility, using it as a base for the club to develop but also delivering facilities, sporting and social, for the wider community.

The site, due to be completed in September, will include a full-size artificial 3G sports pitch with floodlighting, main stand and VIP stand for spectators, a pavilion with changing facilities, cafe and toilets, car parking, including electric car charging points, and covered bike stands.

Rob Roy still have the proceeds from the sale of Adamslie to help run the new complex – but have now been told by East Dunbartonshire Council they must tender to run the £5 million complex along with any other interested parties.

Maxwell says he is simply fed up with the way the club is being treated and has over 1,000 signatures already.

He said: "I've had enough of the way the club is being treated. It's becoming a joke.

"The club's future is at stake here and I just felt we need to make a stand and push this over the line.

"The comments I've received show just how much the club means to people in the community.

"The council have put every obstacle in front of the club. What happens if Rob Roy don't get this and they give it to Glasgow City ladies or Rossvale or Broomhill? Rob Roy could go under because they decide not to give it to a club in Kirkintilloch.

"There's a non-league professional club in Kirkintilloch with money in the bank, who can invest, who can take it on, who has done all of the community engagement.

"We've tied in with local boys' clubs, ladies' football, mental health, OAPs. Rob Roy are investing their money into the whole community, not just for Rob Roy and nobody else to go and use the pitch.

"It's Rob Roy's plans they've used to build it. It's incredible.

"My honest opinion is that the club can't go on. How can you go on playing away from home? The supporters are disorientated and the response on social media to the petition has been unbvelievable.

"It's such a big club with a big support. For Rob Roy to be out of the town for nearly a decade is a disgrace.

"There's a 144-year-old institution going to go under here.

"I'm desperate to get home for the supporters, the community. The club needs a base.

"This is about Rob Roy surviving and when my time's been and gone if I can help cement Rob Roy's future in that community that's all I want.”