WoSFL Premier Division thread

From the Pollok website - Coatbridge-based Matty began his youth career with Airdrie United YFC in 2012 then joined Airdrieonians a year later. He remained with the Diamonds through to school-leaving age when he signed professional with St. Mirren, moving on from the buddies after two seasons with them. He spent the curtailed 2020-21 season with Bellshill Athletic and was released from his commitments to them for the coming season to join Pollok on a one year deal.

On 09/01/2022 at 12:54, TheScarf said:

Does the Pollok right back score every game?

He's some player. Consistently skinning defenders, only the one poor performance against Meadow back in the autumn that stands out.

On 05/12/2021 at 11:13, glensmad said:

I accept that possibility regarding the LL. However, what I'm saying is that the official rules of the WoSFL Premier Division, rubber-stamped by the Scottish FA, do not make any reference to the possibility of 9 teams being relegated to the new First Division, and it has never been communicated to the clubs as a possibility.

Good news - Caley Braves draw with Rangers means they cannot be caught by Vale of Leithen so there won't be two clubs coming down to the WOS :)

Maybe best to change 13th place to a different colour from 14th place downwards ? 13th would only be a relegation place if the WoSFL champion doesn't get promoted and a Lowland League team is relegated into the WoSFL. The latter seems extremely unlikely at this stage.

32 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Maybe best to change 13th place to a different colour from 14th place downwards ? 

Maybe my eyes need tested - I think 13th and 14th look a darker shade. Might be better making it obvious. A different colour for each scenario - like if the West Premier winner is promoted to Lowland League there's only 6 go down. ('Mon the Talbot)

Attended my first WoSFL game today, Blantyre Vics v Pollok. A better game than I expected. All Pollok first half though they didn't do a great deal in final third. Just after Vics almost stole the lead, Pollok got in front on 45+1. Second half and Vics were fast out the blocks, three early corners and two good chances. Very even second half. Pollok got a penalty though it seemed to come off the player's side. Great save by Campbell. Pollok saw it out but you'd never think virtually the entire league was between the teams. Excellent crowd of 418, I'd estimate 300 from the Southside.

It's mental to think that it's mid January and Darvel still have 19 league games to play and still in three cups. Ludicrous situation. Even Bonnyton on bottom spot still have 36 points to play for. With Blantyre's current form they could still get out of relegation imo.

40 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It's mental to think that it's mid January and Darvel still have 19 league games to play and still in three cups. Ludicrous situation. Even Bonnyton on bottom spot still have 36 points to play for. With Blantyre's current form they could still get out of relegation imo.

Celtic and Rangers have got 18 games to play in the Premiership and are still in Europe and the Scottish Cup, and that's with two-legged European ties and the likelihood that both will much go further than Darvel in the Scottish Cup too.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Celtic and Rangers have got 18 games to play in the Premiership and are still in Europe and the Scottish Cup, and that's with two-legged European ties and the likelihood that both will much go further than Darvel in the Scottish Cup too.

But neither of them play on a park which floods if somebody spills their bovril or have a team of players who work all week.

Apples with apples please pal.

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

Attended my first WoSFL game today, Blantyre Vics v Pollok. A better game than I expected. All Pollok first half though they didn't do a great deal in final third. Just after Vics almost stole the lead, Pollok got in front on 45+1. Second half and Vics were fast out the blocks, three early corners and two good chances. Very even second half. Pollok got a penalty though it seemed to come off the player's side. Great save by Campbell. Pollok saw it out but you'd never think virtually the entire league was between the teams. Excellent crowd of 418, I'd estimate 300 from the Southside.

A very fair summary of the game.

The penalty which looked like hand ball as hand out stretched but the right back wanted to claim it hit his face, highlights will maybe confirm. 

Blantyre were very organised and limited us to very few chances, but an excellent move opened them up to get a ball into the box on HT.

Second half, both teams spurned good chances. 
A very good 3 points today for Pollok in tough playing conditions.